Chapter 1 - Rebirth

---I'd strongly advise reading the 'read me' if you haven't already just to get an idea on what you're about to read---

__________

Where am I? What happened? Wasn't I sleeping?

It's really dark in here.

Am I in a box? No, it feels round. A big oval ball perhaps?

Are my arms bound or am I just hugging myself? Wait, do I even have arms?

Damn it, this is making me claustrophobic now. I need to get out as fast as possible otherwise I'm going to start panicking, need to break it open but I don't know what with. I'll bang my head against it if I have to.

I really hope this is some sick joke that someone pulled on me, don't know anyone who would do such a thing though. I better not be getting kidnapped.

As my panic was setting it, I started thrashing about trying to get free and my head was the only thing I could move. Luckily, I think my nose smashing against the side seemed to be doing the job as I started to hear cracking.

'Come on, just a little bit more'

A part of where I had been attacking then cracked off giving me some light and some air. However, the light coming through into the darkness completely took be back blinding me and the air started to burn my lungs.

I started uncontrollably wheezing trying to breathe in this terrible air. Once my body adjusted to this shock and my eyesight had also started to adapt, I saw something extremely large in front of me.

'What... the, FUCK IS THAT!?!'

Staring at me with huge hungry eyes and a body that defied logic was a creature that scared the crap out of me. Not literally, I think?

A dragon, a big black terrifying dragon. Black head, black scales, black everything.

<Do not be afraid little one. I mean you no harm>

'Yeah, the big scary dragon means me no harm. I need to wake up from this dream'

<I can assure you this is no dream>

'Wait, can you read my freaking mind!?'

<No, we are using telekinesis. Once you calm down, you'll be able to control it easier>

If it wasn't obvious, the terrifying dragon wasn't actually speaking. I could hear his voice directly inside my brain. It wasn't a very nice feeling. His voice was very deep.

'Wait, I thought telekinesis was movin- oh forget it, can you help me out of whatever I'm stuck in then?'

<I'm not supposed to help you break free of your egg, little one. Your mother won't be best pleased>

'What do you mea- Wait a second, egg? Oh, damn it, I'll just do it myself'

I started thrashing about again and after spending a little while doing it, I finally was free. But there was a much more immediate problem that came up.

'Just... What the hell am I?'

After I broke free from the egg, I immediately fell over as my legs just couldn't handle standing upright yet. It was then on the soft floor when I finally noticed what I was.

A bird. A reddish-orange bird with slight black markings down my chest. Or breast? I clearly was right about not having arms; they were now wings but why the hell am I a bird? Wouldn't it make more sense for me to be a dragon if I hatch out of a dragon nest?

Okay, I've really got to start calming myself down now otherwise I'm going to get badly worked up. Control my breathing, I should wake up shortly, right?