Chapter 150 - Back to Maladonia

(Temporary Perspective Change)

"*Sighhh*... I still can't believe you gave her that sister. It was bad enough you're stuck down here and now defenceless? You didn't have to give her everything"

"You're wrong Hephaestus, this was something that had to be done and I have no regrets giving that phoenix my boon. Those children will need it someday, all of us have already failed so now it's left to mortals to help"

All that remains with me still within the cave is Athena after we both finished off with the visitors giving some maps of the dungeon locations to them. I'm clearly looking distraught over her decision but she was always going to make that sacrifice I suppose, doesn't make it any better though.

"Yeah, you're right. It just now means that you cannot be left alone without protection from the dwarfs. We're not negotiating on that Athena"

There's a huge difference between sharing and gifting power, unfortunately Athena has just made a sacrifice of basically what is her godhood. I wish I were exaggerating and that things were simpler but alas, that's the fate she's now resigned to. I've just now got to focus and make sure no harm ever comes to her.

It wouldn't surprise if she still lives considerably longer than any mortal should but having the power of what is essentially a clone, she's not going anywhere without constant protection. I'll make it dwarven law that she becomes an idol or something like that, I'll even build her a throne as well. The dwarfs will be more than happy with it, it's not like she's got pointy ears or anything like that despite me trying to break that pointless hatred.

"I guess that's understandable, although I'd rather have complete freedom preferably. Back on topic though, all I'm doing is treating them how you would Hephaestus"

"No sister, it's not even comparable, you know I'm guilty as sin when it comes to that. It doesn't matter what I can do, it'll never be enough to make up for the betrayal I've inflicted on the birds"

Maybe sensing my extremely guilty conscience, Athena places a hand on my shoulder but it makes no inch of difference though.

"You don't need to feel guilty about this brother, it had to be done as well. If you hadn't made that deal, they never would've come to this world in the first place..."

__________

"Erm... Ikarus, have you got a second?"

"For you Petra, always. What's up?"

Chilling out alongside Petra inside a dwarven bar, both of us share a strong drink with her having a slightly concerned look.

In the end, we ended up discussing things a little further with both Hephaestus and Athena giving us some maps and little things like that to help. One of the dungeons we're actually heading to is owned by Athena apparently. However, she couldn't give us any advice on how to complete it because that would be against the point? Ah, I don't know, I'm really a little unsure on that Goddess, she comes across a little cold personally. I guess she's trustworthy but we'll have to wait and see on that.

To summarize everything again, we need to find a way into the underworld to rescue Dionysus and to do that, tokens from completing dungeons need to be obtained. We're going back to the days of exploring the continents and I'm all for it... once the cooldown timer resets for admin privileges of course.

Thankfully, we know the locations of where we need to go. The problem lies in the location and the given maps being the fourth continent, I can teleport to that casino town easily enough in a day's time but we'll still have to search around for dungeons. Can't be fast travelling somewhere you haven't been before, my system at times does feel like it was created by a game developer or something I suppose. More like a alpha test to it rather than the completed version.