Chapter 83 - Penultimate Meeting

So then, what happens next? Simple really, we need to head back to the capital and discuss what's happening with Jekyll, there still are some finale details that need to be discussed since just sneaking in and killing who we need to would prove extremely challenging. That's not to say it isn't possible, it's just that me and Petra only plan on using our invisibility we gained back from that undead dungeon to escape since attacking anybody with it would cause it to stop and commence the daily cooldown. We've got to be careful, that should be obvious when planning to assassinate an emperor, the prince, the princess and the mage.

The bastard apparently has his own contacts and will know when the people we're hunting down die so the specific timing on the day isn't really needed, obviously we're now planning to do it on the day of the princess's birthday. I dread to think how bad she really is if Petra dislikes her but hopefully I don't have to find out, she is probably going to be worse than the mage if that's the case, always take Petra's opinion seriously so she's got to be pretty bad.

Notice that I haven't mentioned Zeki or Ariza in this, that simply is because they aren't involved, at least in the current situation. Zeki could prove to be a brilliant distraction for something like an ongoing assault but for something subtle like an assassination, it might be too much of a red flag. Ariza could be useful for mind controlling any guards we come across but alas, we're not involving her since she doesn't like using it.

They are still coming with us to the capital, Zeki clearly wants to watch the carnage that might happen afterwards and I think Ariza wants to use her healing to help anybody in the chaos as well, there is going to be drama from what me and Petra do regardless if the bastard takes his rightful seat or not.

The prediction is there might be anarchy in the streets after this goes down, people are going to get hurt regardless of what happens, it's another reason why me and Petra plan on sailing into the sunset so to speak, we're not dealing with the mess that comes after. Obviously Ariza wants to help as many people as possible even if it risks phoenix exposure, she'd get on quite well with the priestess thinking about it.

You could say that's pretty irresponsible for us two just leaving but that's how Petra has always done things, save or kill, then move onto a different place since sticking around isn't her style. I agree with her for the most part but there has to be a point where you settle down at some place, I'm pretty sure she'd do it for me though but we'd obviously need to find somewhere to go. I do have a little idea what we could do afterwards but that's not a thought for now, things could still go terrible with this assassination attempt so planning too far into the future is pointless.

"Once we get to the city, we're going to a dessert shop brother"

"Really Zeki? Uh huh then"

'I guess Zeki really wants some sweets, my stock is pretty low as well now'

(Petra) "..."

Up in the sky on Ariza's back this time, we're not far off the capital now.

I skipped a good portion of the trip, nothing much happened so there was no point bringing it up, it has been three to four weeks getting back though. I guess there was a few intimate moments with Petra when resting for the night, mostly hand holding, lap sitting and hugging, that sort of thing but we already do that a bit so it's nothing new.

That's not a complaint, the more we do stuff, the easier it is and the less flustered I get from it all, I really like how our relationship is going but if I keep trying to force myself, it will only make it a little uncomfortable for me. Like usual though, Petra completely understands my issues, everything can just be a little too much to handle, I really don't deserve her though.