Chapter 106 - Concern

(Temporary Perspective Change)

"Huh... that is a pretty nice room to be fair"

'I swear he only ever arrives when those two mortals are about to get busy'

Of course, back visiting the viewing station which the perverted old man Zeus who just so conveniently seems to always want to tune in when those two mortals are getting it on. It was honestly a little boring watching the little phoenix away from her partner for a while but clearly that boredom has now been replaced with blissful perversion... that oddly reminds me of the night before the current one as well with my incarnate but that wasn't a fun thing to watch.

Was it a great idea to reveal to Ikarus my existence though? Maybe that might've been a little impulsive but I did drink a load that night and was still drunk that early morning, just simply because watching Charlotte go through something like that again was terrible, even been twiddling my already dark curly hair again because of it.

I guess I felt like I owed that little phoenix some information since she and her and the blind one did help out a lot... I'm honestly a little surprised my name still holds some meaning even if most myths and legends are forgotten when it comes to the Gods. I'm guessing the world she came from must have a good sense of tracking history or recording legends I presume?

"You might want to switch it off now Zeus... unless you really can't help yourself while I'm working"

I was on break and return to find good ol'father Zeus basically watching smut. I can't exactly say I'm innocent when it comes to that sort of thing but this is supposed to be 'work' watching over the mortals. Ecstasy, alcohol and pleasure is something reserved for when things aren't at a knife-edge and especially with Olympus right now, things are getting close to being at that point. It also doesn't help that news of the prophecy has finally become common knowledge around this place so it should be obvious Zeus might be taking advice from the more irrational Gods now.

"Bah, you mistake my intentions once again boy... I'm only looking for weaknesses in that bird's defence and this just so happens to provide more information"

By the sounds of it, there's no convincing him that Ikarus isn't going to be a threat. Just by that alone, I'm guessing he's thinking of doing something subtle with that blind partner of hers if he's looking for weaknesses... No, I seriously doubt that he'd purposely try and piss of the little phoenix by killing her partner, I could see him taking her form and doing something disturbing in the bedroom together though...

"So... what are you going to do then Zeus? You gonna smite the little bird who hasn't done a thing to you? Must you keep up with this constant paranoia?"

"No Dionysus, even I'm not that impulsive... I'll allow her to remain but the split second I witness or hear about something that could threaten us, that's when I'll enact of the deal I've made"

Sighhh, for the life of me I cannot find out about who he's been contacting about this deal. By the sounds of it, this is just an attempt to remain confidential while someone else does the dirty work of destroying the fourth phoenix. At least we can delay it as long as Zeus doesn't find out about the explosions and she isn't doesn't do anything while he's watching but I think we may be okay for now, Ikarus doesn't seem to want to use it other than for the odd test. I could pass the message along to Charlotte to share with Ikarus but that might end up backfiring if the little phoenix finds herself in danger and refuses to use something in defence. Besides, she spends most of the time alongside the blind one too so she likely won't use it.

In all honesty, I'm not actually that worried for her when it comes to defence though. Unlike the information father has, I've seen firsthand what that little phoenix is capable of. Whether the prophecy is fulfilled or not is irrelevant when you've got a being capable of wielding power equal of even more powerful to the Gods. If father were to get directly involved however unlikely that is, then I'd be extremely worried but there's no chance he's ever want to step foot on mortal lands for anything other than courting a female... actually, there is a chance of him doing something major if he gets too worked up though. Enough worrying about this though, I've done what I can.