Chapter 64 - Jekyll & Hyde

Now that the meeting with the empire has concluded, it's time to go head elsewhere. Me and Petra agreed to meet back up at that bar we've already visited back in the red-light district of the capital, Jekyll should be waiting for us there. Knowing Petra though, she's arrived early and is already talking with him.

Just as I arrive to the bar, I can't help but take a quick glance to the brothel on the other side of the street. For once, there's nothing on, no workers working or having fights outside, I guess they're having a particularly peaceful day for once.

Entering the bar, I notice very quickly it's pretty empty compared to usual, there's a few tables taken and one of them happens to be where Petra and Jekyll are sitting. They seem to be deep in conversation right now, I'll wait a second before joining in, they clearly are talking about the situation with the capital but are purposely leaving bits out as to not draw attention, even if this place is practically empty.

Oh, Jekyll is wearing training clothes and has even grown a slight beard as well now, he looks even older than usual. The empire do be doing that to you, down to stress probably.

"... Look Petra, I really don't understand how you'd even do such a task, it's basically akin to suicide, you already know how powerful those people are"

"You leave that side of things to me, that's less of an issue than you'd think. What I need from you is to find a person suitable for what comes after, that's your role Jekyll"

"You say that as if there's a long list of people who'd be suitable for such a task. Other than yourself, there's barely anyone who's capable and that's even if they're still alive. Still don't understand why you don't consider taking the role yourself?"

Even Jekyll thinks Petra is suitable to leading, that's still not happening though. The empire can't have her since she's mine, I'm inflexible to sharing. That was a joke but still, I'd rather her not have to lead an empire. If she wanted to though, I still would have to accept it.

"There's no chance of that ever happening, maybe a while back I'd consider it but not now, it's not fair on her"

"What are you two talking about?"

That seemed to be the perfect opportunity for me to enter the conversation seeing that Petra was definitely talking about me. It definitely was about giving me loads of attention, right? It better be...

I take a seat alongside Petra and am instantly greeted by her little laugh and a smile.

"Heh Ikarus, was wondering when you'd join us, thought you'd like that last part"

Of course she knew I was there, she does have overpowered senses after all. I was right about that last part as well, I'd should get embarrassed over such a thing but in all honesty, I'm pretty giddy she said that.

"It's been a while Ikarus, how's your swordplay going along?"

"Much better now thanks to Petra excellent teaching, yours sucks by the way"

It's a shame Petra doesn't really have any reaction to me giving her praise, it would be so much better if she got flustered or embarrassed like I do but there's got to be something that'll make her go red. I just haven't found it yet. I will eventually tease her effectively, just need to find out what causes it...

"Yeah, the methods we use aren't the greatest, it's purposely always been style over quality. I still hope you picked up the pure basics though, there's only so much I could realistically show you while in front of the witch"

At least he can admit to it but then again, if the empire is telling him how to fight then it's to be expected. As for what he just said about a witch, it should be obvious who he is on about being the wicked white-haired bitch of the east. The empire is technically in the east part of the four continents so that works, bitch does sound better than witch after all.