Chapter 2 - System

"Ccu, fu"

I'm really trying to start speaking but words just struggle to come out.

I'm still unsure why these two don't talk and use that telekinesis thing. I want to name it something else but the only thing I could up with is telecommunications but that doesn't work either.

<There's no need to push yourself, little one>

"Fu... fuuuuuuuu!"

'Damn this annoying body. My God, why hast thou forsaken me?'

<You're a strange one>

It's been maybe a month or two since my birth, actually it could be a lot longer but I really don't have a clue. Time seems to flow quite quickly in this cave despite there not being much to do. Speaking, no, communicating with my parents seems to pass the time even more though. Considering both of them have thousands of years' experience between them, they don't actually communicate a lot.

Well, except when they are feeling frisky. Thankfully, both of them leave the cave when that happens sparing this bird's innocent eyes. Actually, I'm not innocent. I did live as a man for twenty-three years before this. That sounds a little sus so I'm going to move on.

I haven't actually gone close to the cave entrance yet because I'm sure there's no path going down. I've only ever seen both the dragons fly in and out of it and I really don't fancy falling off the edge. Being afraid of heights is a reasonable fear, alright?

This cave is actually perfectly suited for dragons. I don't see how a human could realistically climb up this high and even get up here. If they didn't have to hunt for food, then the dragons would never have to leave.

That reminds me, I'm able to eat food by myself now. I still need a little help getting the fur of the animal but I can chew, no, I don't have teeth so it wouldn't be chewing. Using my beak, I can rip small parts off the animal and then swallow it. I do worry a bit about choking but there's not much else I can do.

I've grown a decent size bigger and my legs are starting to get a lot a lot stronger as well. They have to because my wings are useless for carrying or picking anything up. My claws have gotten a lot sharper and stronger as well. Or is it talons?

Anyway, back to trying to speak. While I'm practicing, mother arrives back home with food for the day.

'What is that?'

<Have you never seen horses before Ikarus?>

'Never like that. They wild, correct?'

<Of course. I'm not as stupid as your father>

The two horses she had brought back were bulky and extremely muscley. Wild horses must be like that in this world then.

'Save me some, I'm busy'

"Fu... f"

<What is she doing honey?>

<She's been trying to speak all day darling>

"Cu... ck"

Okay, I've got the sound right, now all I need to do is put it together. Please work this time.

"Fuu... Fuuck!"

<Ikarus!>

"Aha-"

Father couldn't hold in his laughter but quickly grabbed his mouth. For the first time in this world, I heard one of them make an actual sound.

This, however had dire consequences.

<DERMAKVAR!>

After the tiny amount of laughter was made, the cave started shaking slightly like a small earthquake and a small amount of purple fog came from his mouth which started to surround the cave.