Chapter 130 - Horizon

"Queen Ikarus and Queen Petra... you two really are passionate!"

Sharing a quick breakfast inside the small dining area of the leaders palace, one of the servants gives us a glorious plate of fried food while also having a devious looking smile on her face. Normally, I'd just love to enjoy a fry up with all the sausages, bacon, eggs, it's got the full works but this servant in particular just said something strange.

Even though I say servant, she's basically a glorified maid without the uniform, Marcus arranges all these types of things so we didn't even know he was employing servants for us till a few days ago. Apparently, this is something we must have despite the slight complaints I made but hey, me and Petra have experienced this sort of treatment before so it's nothing new. It just looks like the more and more we do this role, the more these types of things keep happening.

"What do you mean by that passionate comment?"

The women still with that sly smile leans over and then reveals something I really didn't want to know.

"Don't worry Queen Ikarus! I'm not one for spilling intimate secrets! No one else will know what happened last night, promise!"

"Heh... looks like she might've heard us Ikarus"

It was at this moment, I realized just how loud we were last night. Petra just chuckles about the whole thing yet I feel like curling up into a ball and dying, how the fuck did I forget to keep it down!? If this servant heard, others might have as well!

"Erm... p-please try and be discreet about it if possible"

It's hard to tell what's redder, the fried tomato on my plate on my face right now. Nah, it's definitely my face, why couldn't she have heard us any other day when we weren't doing something kinda weird? It just had to be when we got the oil out...

"Of course! If you're that worried about being heard, there's always ways to be quiet! Normally, I try to bite my lip but sometimes that can start to hurt so a gag can work just as well!"

Okay, this girl is one of those people who don't understand the concept of sharing too much, it's the first thing in the morning and she's talking about you know what and even mentioning a gag!?

"C-Can we just eat in peace now?"

"Sure! I'll leave you two alone now!"

The servant leaves us with Petra trying not to crack up and me still feeling a painful amount of embarrassment, it almost makes me want to stop doing the nighttime activities but I seriously doubt all the embarrassment in the entire world could put me completely off it.

"Heh, I like her Ikarus, should have her around us more often"

"No chance Petra, we're sacking her later on"

I mean, we're not but I'm just feeling sulky now. All I wanted to do was enjoy an unhealthy greasy plate of mostly brown fried food and now I've got to deal with this embarrassment.

"Let's just eat this already, then get on with our day"

Not sure what we've actually got to do but definitely got to pay the treasury a visit since all that wealth from the monastery is currently doing nothing. Work will probably just be transporting stuff again, at least I no longer have to hide my actual form saving some time...

__________

(Temporary Perspective Change)

"Ah, nephew Dionysus! Looks like you decided to turn up to this as well! You smell a little bit nephew, looks like we both didn't bother cleaning up!"

"Alright Poseidon, haven't been dooming too many sailors to their deaths recently, have you?"

Having just arrived outside the meeting hall, a familiar bearded, muscular half-naked man greets me as Poseidon always seems friendly enough. He's still not to be trusted as I doubt he'd turn against father if a civil war were to break out but I've put him into the unsure category for now. Thankfully, most Gods and Goddess are pretty simple at showing emotions so knowing who would go against or side with Zeus is easy enough for the most part. There's only a few left I'm not sure on yet.