Chapter 170 - Pits of Tartarus

(Ikarus) "Just... wow. This must be what ass the fuss is about, right?"

(Petra) "Heh, presume so Ikarus. It's surprising the air is safe to breathe though"

(Zeki) "Now this is more like it! A place filled with deadly lava and no souls in sight, I'm right at home!"

(Ariza) "Uh, you actually like this place Zeki? It's like we're in actual hell right now"

(Charlotte) "I really hope we find my Lord soon"

(Nathan) "We definitely will Lotte, there's only an endless ocean of lava between us now. That'll be nothing for this group"

(Geld) "My master did say this place is a thing of beauty but I don't see it I'm afraid"

Having just entered through the gate, what presents the party is a hellish looking area filled with a reddish brimstone floor and lakes of lava far as the eye can see, the ceiling as well is covered head to toe in brimstone. This is the true Underworld everyone recognizes and thankfully, we've now arrived.

It reminds me a little of that block game that has sold more copies than any other game on the planet, albeit much more intimidating and deadlier. I mean, we did enter this place using a portal as well so I think you can see why I'm remembering such an odd thing.

"Hey orangey, before I decide to try flying over this lake, I'm guessing gravity is stupid again?"

To be honest, Zeki does have a point here. The area we've arrived at is completely surrounded by lava with no other islands in sight, we're going to have to cross it to get anywhere. I'm still going to have a little fun with him first.

"Have a test kid and we'll find out firsthand then"

"Are you seriously trying to kill me or something orangey!?"

(Ariza) "You're such an idiot at times Zeki. We're resistant to it, remember?"

"As if I'm falling for that, I'll drown in that!"

To prove a point to the idiot, I crouch and grab a cup full of the magma within my hand. It surprisingly feels a little slimy considering it's freaking molten rock.

"See kid? The gravity situation is still the same though, I really just wanted to see if you'd sink or not. You could change gender since those jugs with definitely act as a life jacket"

Zeki just scoffs at me, can't say I blame him but it would be good to see if those things would help him float. I mean, they shouldn't but this world is weird enough already.

"Heh, didn't you want to someday swim in a volcano Ikarus? Looks like it's the perfect opportunity, shame we turned that bikini into clothing though"

And of course, my lovebird can't help but get involved as well now. She does have a point but given the chance, I'm not actually going to try swimming in that, right?

"Eh, the appeal has slightly died down a little Petra, seems pointless if the other three can't do it as well. Anyways, does anyone have any idea how we're all going to get past this, WITHOUT swimming through it? You know which direction to head as well Geld?"

"Queen Ikarus, I'm sorry, but I'm as clueless as you lot on this. My master didn't give me the specifics once again"

Turns out, Geld's master is as useless as the rest of us. Normally, I'd force myself not to moan but this time around, it's completely justified, we really have no idea where to go.

"So, what the hell do we do then? It's obvious we'll just have to wing it and pick a direction but I'm not swimming through all that crap. I'm pretty sure we'd be able to get through it but still"