Chapter 88 - Royal Finale

---Last chapter of the volume, should be an update at the end of every volume---

---Also, this chapter is a little serious and needs a slight gore warning, pretty sure this is the worst it'll ever get.

__________

"Focus on the prince Ikarus, that arrogant bitch is mine"

"Sure sure Petra"

Continuing on where we left of, the prince has just unsheathed his lavish looking sword and the princess has pulled out an ornamental looking dagger from somewhere under her dress, unsure if both can use magic but they have the stats for it so not going to take any chances here. As for the mage, she's just walked to an empty corner of this unused room and is watching what's about to happen, would be annoyed at the slight twist but she's not going to escape her fate either.

'Aesa, you know what to do'

[<Confirmed, -aspect of gigantomachy- has been activated>]

I'm fighting the prince while Petra is going to teach that princess a lesson, hopefully she can leave her barely alive but if it gets too risky, then instantly killing her is always an option.

"Stupid fucking bird, things would've gone much smoother if you weren't resistant"

The prince speaks while making a swing for me that I just barely manage to block it with my dagger, my counter to this is fire, lots and lots of fiery goodness.

(Alistair) "That won't work"

'Great, he's fucking resistant to fire'

The counter to his strike was to spray fire on him with my free hand, clearly that had no effect at all. This sucks, looks like I'm going to have to only fight him blade to blade and just try and land one hit against him, of course the royal prince of the empire is going to be excellent when it comes to sword fighting so all I need is just one hit, just need to make a scratch on him and aspect will activate.

He rapidly goes in for another that I have block and turn away, the weight on his attack would've collided into my shoulder or neck if I hadn't moved there, this guy is definitely going to prove a challenge.

As my fight's going on, I start to hear slight parts of the battle going down between those two without giving it any focus, my attention is not going to slip here.

"You fucking blind bitch! I'm going to rip out your hair!"

"..."

Not even worried about her, no chance Petra will fall from someone like that so makes sense to ignore it for now.

Unfortunately though, I can't seem to break this guy's defence, he has no opening so trying to stick my vampiric blade in anywhere would just easily get countered, blocked or disarmed, I've got to time this perfectly.

There is something I can do, I try to give him a kick but almost as if he has a second sense, he dodges it responding with another slash towards my face, this one I can't block with the momentum behind it so I have to duck and a part of my hair must've been cut off there.

This guy might be too much, should've got a sword out if I knew just how far his range is, I really wanted to charge into him and counter there but that still wouldn't have worked, Petra's teachings have shown me to wait for the perfect opportunity. Even if it wasn't obvious, she has taught me a lot about timings and also about being reckless, it does go against how I normally like to fight but survival is more important then just going in straight for the kill.

As I'm still in standstill against Alistair, more ramblings are coming from the other fight, I refuse to allow it to make me distracted but I'm still going to be able to hear it.