Chapter 44 - Meetup

"Before we go in, need to warn you about someone"

"Yeah?"

Me and Petra are currently standing outside a cave entrance to a mountain, similar in design to my parents' mountain but there is a long path that leads up to this mountain and the entrance is much, much smaller.

I'm unsure why we're actually here, I'm guessing this is Petra's home perhaps? When she said about returning to the brown forest, I didn't think it would be to the only mountain that is close by to it.

I wasn't kidding when I said I'd rush over here, manage to make this trip that should've been longer than two weeks down to nine days, who needs sleep most nights anyway? My impatience is getting better believe it or not, I just don't tend to complain about it as much anymore.

"Zeki, he can be a bit much. You'll understand once you speak"

I'm currently being led into the cave by Petra while I'm in human form also, she said that getting in wouldn't be possible while in bird form so just as I landed up here earlier, I had to do the quick phoenix to naked human routine again, wish I could get some good enchanted clothes like Petra.

We very quickly come to a heavy looking wooden door and Petra gives a quick bang on the door. After thirty seconds or so, someone comes to greet us.

"Petra... and she's got a guest! Zeki!"

A short blue haired woman appears, then very quickly runs back inside leaving the door wide open.

"Sure, don't greet me or anything"

Petra looks irritated right now but very quickly gets over it and heads inside. Once we step inside the door, I'm immediately shocked with what I find inside.

"This... looks like a freaking modern apartment!"

"Despite those two having their quirks, they both know how to make a place nice to live in"

The door steps into a modern style living room. Sure, there's no TV or anything like that but the furniture looks to be high quality, there's actual carpet on the floor and the sofa looks freaking brilliant! You'd have no idea this was inside a cave except from the lack of windows.

This place looks completely out of this world, how the hell have they managed to achieve such a look in a place where medieval is the trendy style? It's really impressive.

"How does this place look like this?"

"Those two again thanks to their boredom. When you have too much free time, stuff like this starts becoming a hobby, it's a shame my eyes don't work, you seem excited looking at the décor"

"I'm not that excited, it's just surprising, you know? This place reminds me of Earth"

While I'm still admiring the modern living room that we've just entered, the blue haired woman returns with someone who looks very similar to her, just with red short hair and seems to show less skin clothing wise compared to the blue-haired female. Oh, both of their eyes match their hair as well.

(Red) "Oh my God, is this Petra's love interest?"

(Blue) "Zeki..."

The obnoxious red-haired woman immediately speaks without thinking, it doesn't even look like she regrets what she said in the slightest. Am I Petra's love interest or is she just speaking shit?

"Ignore him Ikarus, he has a tendency of being extremely stupid. He's difficult to stomach even at the best of times"

"Don't be like that big sis, I need make sure you express yourself otherwise you'll die alone stuck with us two"