Chapter 163 - War Dungeon

<Ah, what puny little mortals do we have entering inside my dungeon today? That's... unexpected, you should have sent me some warning Athena if you were planning to disrespect father...>

Having just arrived in a lifeless void presumably just before the dungeon, I'm greeted by an extremely sinister sounding voice sending chills down my spine. I'm going to assume we've come across Ares just down to how evil he sounds and the fact he mentioned Athena and father.

<...So, here's the deal little insignificant phoenix, we're going to play a game of sorts since you've tumbled into my world. In order to complete my dungeon and provide me with some entertainment, you're going to do something fun...>

'This guy sounds like he's about to say something sinister'

<There's six of you that have entered making this quite an opportunity. You see, I'm not allowing any of you to leave until one side has met its doom. Sacrifice two of your party members for me otherwise, you'll spend eternity stuck in world you have no reason to remain in. I'll be watching over your actions little bird...>

And just like that, everything fades to black...

__________

"*Yawnnn*... Urgh, my head..."

"..."

Waking up next to Petra in a gigantic bed, my head fills with fake memories of this dungeon world almost causing me to pass out. Unlike with the love dungeon, there's years and years of history within this place that's causing this vertigo like spinning.

"You alright Ikarus? Feel like I've been hit with a rock as well"

Petra wakes up as well clutching her head, at least that's a good sign we're both conscious inside this place despite the pain.

Getting a quick look at our surroundings, we're currently in a huge noble style bedroom but I already know the reason why, we are the leaders of these people so it would make sense why we're treated like royalty. Actually, there's no such thing in this world, at least for demonic culture.

As for the actual setting of this world, I could try thinking about the decades of history but there's no real point knowing the intricate backstory of a dungeon. To summarize everything up nice and tidily, we've got three major factions that occupy this world and have been in constant war forever. Those factions are the demons, the orcs and the humans. We've been ruling over the demons the past twelve years as the joint queens, it hits a little close to home really.

It honestly sounds like we've been served a duplicate dungeon but it's a little different than the one we got stuck in for six months, mostly because this war has been going on forever. That, and we also know that the enemies are going to be wearing familiar faces.

The world itself isn't that big, could probably fly one side of it to the other in a couple of days but that still doesn't help this situation in the slightest. You see, the leaders of the orcs are the other two phoenixes and the humans, both Charlotte and Nathan.

By the sounds of what Ares was suggesting, one or two sides either by alliance or other methods have to win this never-ending conflict by destroying one of the three warring sides. To think this godly bastard thinks we're going to go down this route! When we get out of here, I'm adding Ares to our kill list, dickhead deserves a painful death for trying something like this.

"Petra, that bastard wants us to kill each other! If this is the same as that love place, the others could be braindead as well"

How the fuck do we end this without killing them if they could be braindead and think we're their sworn enemy? They wouldn't listen to reason, right? Demons, orcs and humans despise each other in this place, it's not like the hatred back home with the elves and dwarfs. Over here, it's built from the very core and upbringing in this world. The only way you can stop it is through fear, blood and violence. I'm good at causing that but still.