Chapter 67 - Madness

"So then, the first question shall be... what has three legs, can blow a whistle and likes to party? Oh, it also likes sleep on its head!"

Huh? What type of question is that? I've never been good with riddles but that doesn't even sound like a thing. Yeah, this guy is mad.

...

None of us four can give an answer, that pretty much sums it up, even Petra with her vast amounts of knowledge and wisdom doesm't have a clue. The guy very quickly realizes that the way he's going about things isn't going to work.

"No guesses? Maybe I should think of something else then"

The madman puts his finger to his face, takes a minute to think, then gives a smile as he thinks of something else.

"Oh, I've got one! What has one eye, provides endless amount of entertainment and begins the cycle of life?"

Urgh, damn it, I think I know what he's talking about. Maybe I'm just dirty minded there's only one thing I can think of, it can't be that though, right? That type of eye I'm thinking about was definitely a slang word for something rude.

...

No one else gives an answer to the questioning madman so it looks like it's my time to shine, he didn't actually say the answer has to be correct so I kinda doubt this is right.

"Is it... the third leg males have?"

Immediately, two looks of disappointment come from the two you'd expect, a large laughing sound comes from the madman and Petra just looks to have a slight look of confusion.

"HH-HO-HO! I like your answer lass, it's wrong but it's funny"

(Petra) "Ikarus, why would you think it's that from what he just asked?"

"Well... back where I came from... there was slang term, that describes a certain part of the third leg. It's referred to as a type of eye"

I'm kinda digging myself a grave here, it is a thing though! I don't want to say it since it's rude, really have no idea what else it could be. This isn't even me being childish like usual, it's a thing!

Getting two looks of disappointment from those two does irritate me though, if they knew better, than give an answer! There's nothing stopping you!

"If you'd like my answer, I'd say some type of dungeon boss? Maybe a type of God?"

At least Petra is willing to give it a go, this guy didn't say anything about dying if we failed so we should be safe... probably. I obviously need to treat this guy as a huge threat since I have no idea if he's powerful or not, Petra does seem to be following the same type of thinking.

"Well that's also incorrect... the correct answer was the cyclops's mother but seeing that you tickled me, I'll move onto the second question..."

Urgh, these riddles are going to be shit if answers like this are coming out, we haven't even come across a cyclops... yet. Knowing our luck, we probably will come across one someday. Trying to communicate with this guy is frustrating.

"... Soooo... What flies but never falls nor has wings?"

Before I even have the chance to think on it, Petra seems to have an answer. With her endless amount of knowledge, it's to be expected.

"Time"

He takes a second to think on the answer Petra gave but it didn't seem like that was the thing he was looking for.

"I mean, you're not wrong lass, tis a very boring answer but what I was looking for was a flag of a painted chicken"

Sighhh... this guy's mind is completely out of whack, hopefully this last question makes a little more sense. All four of us are starting to look a little drained dealing with this guy. If he gives us a completed dungeon, then we can put up with it but things are never that easy.