Chapter 141 - End of the World

"Listen to me Marcus! I'm telling you that's not an earthquake! I'm a freaking gnom-, dwarf damn it! This is my bread and butter"

"I'm not disregarding what you're saying Garry, it's just seems a little farfetched so feel it from way over here. Are you really sure that's what it is?"

"Aye! I'm telling you, it's that!"

Having just arrived back at the town hall after experiencing the earthquake, we find Marcus and Garry arguing over something in the study. The settlement itself actually hasn't received any damage from the tremor strangely enough, was expecting at least something falling over but I guess it was a pretty small shake considering.

"What's this all about? Why are you two arguing?"

"Me and Ikarus felt the shaking as well so do we have an idea what the problem is?"

"Apologies two queens for witnessing our little spat. Garry seems to think those shakes weren't an earthquake"

"I'm telling you Marcus, it's not an earthquake! I mean, it technically is but it's not what you're thinking of. The tsunami evacuation is a bloody waste of time"

Ah, I nearly forgot about those tsunami protocols we set up just in case something bad happens. Most of the island have a cliff face aimed at the ocean but not the western sides so any sort of shaking, we'd evacuate the whole area regardless if we even know the risk or not. We have that unoccupied island in the way as well blocking it up but it still never hurts to be safe.

By the way it seems though, Garry the gnome is obviously trying to get Marcus to cancel the ongoing plan.

(Ikarus) "Context gnome, we need a little more than that. What's caused the shaking if not an earthquake?"

"It's most likely the volcano lass, it's erupted and I'm pretty sure the kid Denver has set it off"

...

(Ikarus) "What?"

"All of you don't look at me like I'm mad! I know that kid more than any of you, we should not be preparing for a massive flood heading this way. What we need to do is start to move everything underground now"

I'm not the only one looking at him like he's crazy, the kid Jarl Denver has set off the volcano? I get that volcano eruptions can sometimes cause earthquakes, or the other way around but to actually feel it from this far away?

"Hypothetically speaking gnome. If this is truly what you say, why would he set of the volcano in the first places?"

"The kid may be a dreamer Petra but he knows that volcano better than anyone else, he would've only set it off if someone else was tampering with it, damage limitations it. He said a while back that any God could fuck with it and I've felt those same exact shakes before during testing... We need to stop speculating and start working right now! I'd bet my entire life, and wife that a gigantic ash cloud is approaching as we speak"

...

Okay, now I think I believe him. The fact that the Gods have been mentioned and that kid is extremely suspicious, this seems like something that could be terrible. I swear that is like a super volcano though, wouldn't that mean we may all be screwed?

Why hasn't Dionysus sent us this message though? I know Charlotte lost contact with him before leaving but is this something even he had no idea on? Why the hell would a God even set off a volcano in the first place, or Denver?

"How do we even prepare for this volcano gnome? Last time it set off, apparently the world went into an ice age? Wouldn't we all be fucked regardless being this close?"