Chapter 50 - Trespassing

"You are to lay down your arms and surrender!"

'Stupid beastmen, we haven't even got our weapons out'

From inside of the pyramid, we can see dozens and dozens of beastmen soldiers all wearing leather styled armour and blocking our way outside. The haven't entered just yet so I guess it's like a Mexican standoff. I mean, it's technically not but still.

However, the first of us to respond is Petra and she has a completely unexpected response.

"No"

"What do you mean no? Do you wish to die human?"

Even Ariza and Zeki look a bit surprised by Petra's response. She doesn't respond to the other questions the beastmen soldier asks but I need to know her reason for such a response.

"Erm... Petra, what are you doing?"

"This isn't a rational group of soldiers Ikarus, the punishment the country of Mitte uses for trespassing is either hanging, stoning or impalement"

That's the middle country's name, Mitte. Still can't remember the other two country names, the desert continent is Krieger though. Why am I focusing on that? The threat of an imminent death should be more of a focus.

"Couldn't you have told me that before we entered the pyramid?"

"Wouldn't have made any difference, we still had to go inside anyway"

I guess she's got a point, still needed to go inside it anyway. These beast races don't play around though, is this a fight we can realistically win? It could be a good idea to try out my new giant attack but it can only be used on one enemy, seems a waste to use on a potentially low levelled soldier.

"Can we handle such a large group though?"

Petra smiles, then gives a response to my worried questioning.

"Heh, Ikarus, definitely. We're in their holy temple right now. To capture us, they'd have to come to us, understand what that means?"

We've literally got a choke point that they'll be forced to rush in. If you look at it this way, then they'll struggle to attack us. I didn't realize this is their holy temple though, seems a bit dumb seeing that it's just a drug den.

"If you do not surrender, we will be forced to kill you humans"

Of course, we're all ignoring their threats, Petra is planning ahead for us though. Well, for me specifically.

"Zeki, try not to kill them"

"Why the hell should I do that?"

"Ikarus needs the experience, just focus on doing loads of damage"

"Urr, fine then older sis"

These three don't actually share the same humanoid killing EXP ability I have, I've already explained how it works to Petra so it seems like she's looking out for me again.

"You want me to do anything?"

"Do you fancy killing anybody Ariza?"

"Not really"

"Then you can just stand back and allow Ikarus and Zeki to fight"

Does Petra not want to get involved here? Maybe it might be a bit overkill having three of us.

I'm honestly a little surprised Petra has no care about killing people like this though, they're only soldiers and are following orders. Maybe she's always been a little more carefree when it comes to killing then I thought. I'm not complaining, I couldn't care less about killing anymore either. An idea has come to mind now as well.