Chapter 10 - Battlemage

Once the peace negotiations for the fate of the entire world were sorted, the next couple of months were a little odd.

To start with, we would regularly get messengers and visitors coming by exchanging information with both my parents. Most of it was boring nonsense so I ignored it but both my parents seemed to be fascinated by what had been going on in the human world as such.

Father has a part time job as well now, the unofficial wyvern hunter of the empire. The human messengers give him locations of high-risk wild wyvern nest locations and he goes to obliterate them. Mother especially hates it since sometimes, he comes back home drenched head to toe in wyvern blood with a big grin upon his face.

As for me and Minos's requests, Minos got his own little pile of money to himself which he now sometimes sleeps upon, I may be slightly greedy but even I wouldn't do that. On to my request, some things needed to be sorted beforehand since both of the mentors would need to move out here temporally since we're so far away from any human settlement. I haven't actually started learning anything yet.

A small cabin in the woods was swiftly built close to our mountains for the two humans since there wasn't any other place they could stay.

Mother offered for them to stay in the cave but since the only way into the cave was by flying, realistically, they couldn't stay since they would basically be stuck and could only ever rely on being flown in and out by the dragons or me.

Reason for why they couldn't use a wyvern, it should be obvious that father wouldn't agree to having a flying rat living in the cave. I also think from the human's point of view, living alongside two dragons might take ten or twenty years of your life, it's not exactly a calming experience.

Ah, can't forget my mandatory status update for when I level up, this time around since I should be hopefully learning magic, I decided to invest into magicka. Unfortunately, I've only levelled up once since then because levelling on wild creatures is becoming more of a grind now.

It took roughly one hundred animals to get from eleven to twelve. Problem is, I can't exactly clear out the entire forest for EXP since our family won't have any food left, the only other alternative is hunting humans but that doesn't seem like the best idea after what happened in the city.

Back onto showing my stats.

'Status'

[Name: Ikarus | Species: Phoenix | Level: 12]

[Health 2,500/2,500]

[Stamina 2,341/2,500]

[Magicka 1,000/1,000]

"I'd prefer if you don't use that ability around me"

Who said that was battlemage Leone, both me and her are in an empty part of the forest while I was giving my update for my first lesson in magic. I'm unsure on how she knew what I was doing.

"Wait a second, can you see it as well?"

"No, I can't, just your eyes fill with magic when you use whatever that is. It's the third time I've seen you do it now"

"Third?"

"First in the net, second in the cave, third now"

Ah, that explains it. As for why I'm able to control my anger at the net capture incident now, the reward seems too good to let my anger consume me. I still hold a little grudge towards her but can put it aside for learning magic.

"Ah, okay then. Before we start, can you help me put this thing on?"

I'm of course talking about the choker since I'm still in bird form, had to fly over here since I came from the cave. Also made sure to bring my clothes with me in a fur bag I made. Thinking about it, I should have asked for more human clothes when the prince was here. Nightgown and a fur robe aren't exactly suitable clothing.