Chapter 18 - Priestess

---(Added) This is the last the mage properly appears for a while, she's meant to be a bitch. You'll understand once you read---

__________

"Let's get back onto the matter at hand, shall we?"

The prince tries to regain control of the room but with me and the mage, that's never going to be an easy thing.

"My apologies Alistair but Ikarus is someone who thrives with discipline, she needs to know when and what she's done wrong to improve"

'I regret coming here now, dying slowly might have been a better alternative then dealing with this mage'

The mage gives me a slight death stare after she finishes, she didn't read my mind, right?

"Leave it for now, will you Leone?... Ikarus, you can take a seat if you wish"

(Leone) "Hmph"

"Fine fine"

The conference room isn't exactly large, the table only seats eight chairs and is similar in size to the prince's study. Everyone was already sitting down and I go to join them.

"I've invited Lotte and called Leone from active duty here since these two are easily some of the best sources of information for things like this"

'Active duty? Was Leone in battle fighting? She must have gotten here pretty quickly then'

(Charlotte) "We have already been discussing it for a little while and we think your ailment can be cured"

(Leone) "Not think, it definitely can be cured"

"Well great, how do I cure the curse then?"

...

An uncomfortable silence filled after my question, none of the people in the room particularly wanted to answer.

"You see Ikarus-sama... we have a rough idea on how to achieve such a task, the problem is actually achieving it"

"We know what to do, it's just getting there isn't particularly easy"

Both Charlotte and Alistair seem reluctant to give me an answer, this is slightly irritating. Thankfully, Leone isn't as reluctant.

"I'll just come out and say it since you two are delaying, you need to conquer dungeons"

"Dungeons?"

"Yes Ikarus, dungeons. Unironically, the cure for any power imbalances has always been additional power, it for some reason seems to balance it out. Dungeons have always provided power"

'Aesa, do you have a clue what Leone is on about? This is stupid'

[<Unsure>]

Well at the very least, I think she means fantasy style dungeons with floors and levels, stuff like that. Not the dungeon you get arrested and tortured in. If it's fantasy dungeons, then that sounds like a fun adventure. The other, that really doesn't sound as fun.

(Leone) "This is down to Charlotte we have this information"

(Alistair) "Yeah, this type of thing could have taken a lot longer is she wasn't here"

"Don't thank me, thank our Lord and saviour for this information"

Okay, I'm getting a little tired of succubus-sama's God talk now, I don't have a problem with religion, I just don't like it being brought up all the time. I'll try and ignore it for now.

"You say dungeons, how many exactly?"

"Ten, the Lord himself confirmed as much with me"

The Lord confirmed with her? Is she mad? I can't ignore it.