Chapter 8 - Cooking

"Hey, can you help me with this?"

<In a second Ikarus, just playing with Minos>

"Cu cu!"

Mother's currently giving Minos a belly rub who's in the nest. Personally, I've never really seen the appeal of it but he is having the time of his life. Father is laying around chilling and I'm checking through some stuff I've collected.

I've been out collecting various things in preparation to cook with and put them alongside some of my other belongings. As for the items I've collected, a wolf for the meat, wood and kindling for the fire as well as a small piece of flint for lighting it I found near a stream.

Since it wasn't far away, I was allowed out by myself but the distance I'm allowed to go is extremely limited. If I can't see the home mountain, then I've gone too far. That seems to be the rule for the time being.

I managed to get this all back in one trip by using my claws holding a large fur I folded up, kind of like it was a shopping bag. Who needs arms anyway? That's rhetorical, wings suck over arms.

I'm still missing several things but I don't know where to get them.

"*Sigh*... I still need to something like a metal bowl to cook with"

<Metal little one? Darling, take littlest one out of the nest for a second.

<Fine, fine>

"Cu?"

Mother picks Minos up and then father gets up and goes towards the nest.

'What's he doing?'

He grabs one side of the nest and yanks it off to the side. There, under the nest, a huge pit filled to the brim full of metal items can be seen.

My eyes instantly light up, there must be money signals in them as well. The pit reminds me of that duck that's dives into a pit of gold. God, why must you tempt my greed?

"How much gold do you two have!?"

"CU!!!"

Even Minos shares my greed, even he looks excited siting in mothers' arms from this sight. I might be a bad influence on him.

<Once you get to a certain age, little ones, shiny things start losing their appeal>

<If you're looking for anything metal Ikarus, it's probably in there>

Then looking at the pit, I realize there's not just money. I can see gleaming jewels, shiny swords, polished armor and pot and pans scattered about with some other things as well.

'Dragons and birds must love shiny things then, huh'

[<Affirmative>]

'That was an observation, not a question!'

"Can you get me a large and small pot as well as a sharp swor- no, several swords out please? I would but, you know, kinda lacking arms"

<You can't keep using that excuse forever, little one>

"Easy for you to say, you have arms and can fly. I can only do one at a time"

<Fair point>

After father answers, he grabs the requested items out of the dragons' pit and drops them next to me. He then goes back to the nest and folds it back over the stash. This takes him a little while since a lot of the furs are loose and went all over the place after he lifted it earlier.

He looks a bit irritated after doing that, the tedious job must have wound him up slightly.

"Cu..."

Damn it Minos, your sad cu's won't work on them, I think?