Chapter 112 - Birthday (Part 2)

"Ikarus... you don't have to drink your body weight in alcohol, you know?"

It's not even been half an hour before my gigantic mother who actually looks so out of place compared to all us little mortals without carrying around two planets has to mention about my drinking, it's my birthday and I've literally not had a drink since the last trip to the dwarven kingdom! That stuff they serve over is still way too strong so it's the perfect thing to drink when you've got a massive tolerance to alcohol. Also, I've already shared a drink with Petra but now I'm onto someone different since the emo looking dude also looks a little out of place here too.

"Don't worry about it too much darling, this is the first drink me and little one have shared and she definitely has your taste in nectar it seems. Also... it gets me away from hanging around the irritating mortals everywhere else"

At least the old dinosaur is willing to defend me, this drink I've poured is conveniently enough from the kingdom as well. It's obvious he had to make at least one comment about mortals but this is him being good believe it or not, you just kinda used to his mortal hating like background music after a certain point,

"Don't you be starting Dermak, what happened to not making a comment about mortals tonight?"

"Darling, I'm an old and grumpy dragon, this is the best I can achieve. It's just a good thing there's none of those flying rats around here too"

Isn't it great to have a father who despises wyverns? You know, sometimes it might just be better to leave him at home but he does at least tend to get over it a little, I'd say he's gotten better on the whole mortal hating thing since there was a time where this sort of thing would be imaginable. Also, I really shouldn't be holding him to human standards as well, dragons are known for being like this despite mother being so much more tolerable... until one of her kin come under threat but recapping pointless stuff like usual.

"You couldn't help yourself Dermak... as for you Ikarus, don't let your father make you drink too much"

"Heh, it should be okay Kellearzar, I'll stop Ikarus if she tries to drink too much tonight"

Petra's going to stop me drinking? Is she trying to get on mother's good books even further cause she's never stopped me drinking before...

"Oh yeah Petra? How are you gonna go about that then?"

Okay... cue the tease...

"Heh... don't you worry about it Ikarus"

Oh, I expected a witty or playful response from her then, I guess even Petra doesn't really flirt with me in front of my parents so now I'm slightly disappointed. It's kinda funny since they really wouldn't care but still. If Petra was male, I could see father going through that overprotective wanting to kill the boyfriend cliché some dads do but it's funny how girl love seems to get everyone onside... except that specific religion, fuck the monastery.

While I'm drinking and chatting with the parents, little kid Minos comes over presumably from the buffet and seems to want to ask father something.

"Cu?"

"Oh, you want some of this littlest one? That should be okay..."

Heh, father's offering Minos a sip of the dwarven alcohol... hang on!

"FATHER!"

"DERMAKVAR!"

I've actually smacked the glass out of his hand, did he seriously just offer the two something year old brother of mine a drink of that!? If we're being honest, I know dragon biology is different and he probably could deal with a smaller sip of something weaker... but damn it old dinosaur! Just how irresponsible can he be?