Chapter 127 - Searching

"Say Petra... how do you think Charlotte will react to what we're doing?"

While I'm flying us both to the monastery, I can't help but start to wonder about priestess. Even though her religion isn't the same and she's said the priests have misguided views, she never actually wanted harm to come to them. Of course, we're very justified to turn that place into a crater but this still shouldn't turn her into an enemy, right?

As for leaving home, the settlement should be alright without us at least for a little while, it's obvious that the monastery can't be having repeat forces of that size attacking again after such a huge devastating blow but with Penelope moving the mages in and Zeki, Ariza and even the dragon Mute still around, we should be alright.

Just getting to the monastery will take longer than a week and we've already discussed this upcoming plan further. Something new I didn't know is that Petra's infiltrated this place before using that face changing ability she has so it's just a matter if she can remember the interior completely. Keep in mind, this wasn't as much as the spying she did on the empire so stuff like that mecha guy she was clueless on but Petra does at least have some information on the layouts of this place.

Apparently, she even wore a nun's habit when exploring the place, for some reason Petra looking like a sexy nun is a thought I now can't get out my head. I've seen Charlotte wearing the same exact thing yet I've never looked at her like that... I think I'm just simping for Petra again really.

"Honestly Ikarus... think you're worrying a little too much. Priestess did say she likes that place but you underestimate how much she likes you as well. When we first started travelling together, had the slight suspicion she might be into you which is probably why we all were a little on edge at first. That suspicion got destroyed because of the knight very quickly though"

Hehe, so Petra basically just admitted to liking me right at the start as well... wait a second, that's why they didn't get on? Petra thought priestess fancied me?

"Wait, that's the reason you didn't get on in the beginning? I thought the reason was down to them being associated with the empire and her being too preachy, not because you secretly are extremely jealous"

"Heh, whatever you say Ikarus. The empire thing was a consideration but don't think I ever outright said I hated religion. Hers isn't a religion anyway but the one God thing has never made any sense"

I've never been one for religion as well but this world in particular seems to me extremely odd with that sort of thing so to only have one God is maddening. At least with priestess, she does seem to acknowledge there's others but she only chooses to worship Dionysus, the Sierran religion however is not the same.

"So... you seriously reckon she'd be fine with me nuking them all to oblivion simply because she likes me? Priestess really is a weird specimen at times"

Believe it or not, that's actually a compliment rather than me bitching about someone behind their back, I like Charlotte a load too. And before anyone says, only as friends. Even if I weren't one hundred percent loyal to Petra, she really wouldn't be my type.

"Heh, that Lord of hers probably provides her information about us as well Ikarus. It wouldn't surprise me if she knew about our involvement in the capital as well. Of course, I'm only speculating like usual"

Huh... I'd be a fool to take everything Petra says as fact but has Dionysus got a way of watching over us or something? Oh God, that would mean he might've seen me and Petra doing you know what... it's strange that doesn't actually annoy me as much as I thought it would but enough speculation though.

"Let's go get our revenge then... say Petra, you mind giving my back a hug or squeeze? It's awfully cold up there and it might warm you up..."

I mean, it's never as good as a normal hug but a bird's gotta try her luck, am I right? It's obvious what I'm doing as well since it's midday and there's not a cloud in the sky, couldn't think of any other excuse other than lying about coldness.