Chapter 68 - Breakup

"So... onto the next one then, it would make more sense to head to the one near the meadow since it's now the closest dungeon to us"

"Agreed Ikarus-sama"

"Yeah, let's head there next"

"..."

After 'completing' that last dungeon if you can even call it that, we had words with the guildmaster on what went down and it went surprisingly well seeing that they have lost a training dungeon. The reaction was of a little annoyance but Miss Penelope basically just said that now the mages in the tower have an actual reason to step outside once again, clearly she can see the positives in the whole situation.

She was also really apologetic on the fact he attacked us as well, did have the feeling once or twice that maybe this guildmaster knew about what would happen but seriously doubt it now. She doesn't seem to know me and Petra are phoenixes as well so that doesn't really add up that much, she let us into their dungeon and unfortunately, we just came across a madman who seemed of his rocker today.

Still not completely sure what that was all about, that God was mad after all but still, all stuff like this ever does is leaves me with more questions than answers. Maybe one day I'll understand what's happening, maybe not.

Everyone is back on my back and we're flying through the skies like with the usual. It seems like Petra has something important to say though.

"It might be best if we split the party up... permanently now"

Huh? She wants to split the party up? Where's this come from?

"Wait Petra-sama, what's going on?"

"Yeah, why do we need to split up?"

Of course those two are a little shocked, there's got to be reason why she said permanently though. Wait, I think I have an idea now...

"Me and Ikarus have things to do elsewhere. Since we're heading to the capital, it would save us a load of time instead of having to come back on fourth to pick you up"

If I think heavily about this, this might be about Jekyll, why else would she just randomly bring this up? Has she received a message from him already or something? I'll have to ask once we're alone again, she is also right about saving time as well. Once we complete the remaining two, the last one being in the desert, it would end up being a pointlessly long trip if we'd have to drop these two back before we start acting on our plan. The bastard is in the east part of the human continent apparently, we could head there straight after completing the mesa dungeon.

"What about protecting Ikarus-sama?"

"Yeah, you two alone might be too risky"

They've got a point but of course, Petra's debating skills triumph all.

"We'd be picking up the other two we told you about to complete the next two dungeons with us"

Oh great, we're getting Zeki and Ariza once again? I guess at least with those two, we can start talking about our 'kill the royals' plan in person but is this a little too soon?

No, plans will need to be made as we can't always being stepping on tiptoes around these two. The second I'm cured, the royals must die, that's how this is going to go. It's obviously not as simple as just that but this is how things need to go.

The party shouldn't be splitting up permanently though... well, that kinda depends. In order to do what we need to; we do need to split the party up. There won't be any need for us to travel afterwards so what do I do after? Forget it, this isn't worth thinking about right now.