Chapter 81 - Introductions

"There was so much death and destruction"

"Let it go brother, who cares about humans fighting anyway?"

"Still Zeki, we did just fly over a warzone after all"

(Ikarus) "There's nothing wrong with showing emotion for the dead kid"

"Bite me orangey"

(Petra) "..."

After my parents left the phoenix cave, we decided to set off the very next day and have been rotating the flying duties ever since on course to the east of Sierra, it's obviously time to find the bastard. I'd have liked to spend some more time with my parents but there's always time for that after the empire stuff, me and Petra can always spend some time around their cave together so there will be more family time even if they can be a little much at times. I'd also rather they stick to dragon form as well; both shouldn't be using their human if they can avoid it. Sigh, mother.

Oh, I did have words with father on that 'is he actually Daedalus?' thing, he doesn't have a clue what I'm on about. Seriously though, he didn't stutter while answering and I could easily confirm it with my new eye of wisdom ability, even if I'm unsure how it still works. Also unsure on how a giant's eye could lead to getting a lie detector ability, not complaining about it since I'm pretty certain it's always working, at least it seems that way but none of our group are brilliant liars so it matters little anyway.

It also turns out, no one else actually unlocked anything from that dungeon which is kinda weird, you'd think they would've gotten the lie detector ability too but obviously not, not going to say anything about it otherwise Zeki might say something not safe for work again, he really has a vulgar mouth at times.

As for what Ariza was mentioning, it was the battlefield between the empire and the rebels we flew across a few days ago, the land was charred black from the number of fires and battles that had clearly gone across the lands, no idea who's winning but looking at it, I'm guessing no one.

Like I just said, that was a few days ago and after crossing into their lands, we've flew across what appears to be the capital to the rebels and a tall autumn looking forest, colour of the leaves is more of a yellowish-brown and the trees themselves are pretty narrow thinking about it, a lot of light gets through to the forest floor. A battlefield, a large city and a different looking forest, not much variety for half a month of travelling.

Didn't stop at any settlements as well, did get attacked by some bandits a few days ago while camped out in the forest though, unfortunately they were very low levelled and Zeki was in a mood so I only got a single level up from that encounter, bandits do seem pretty rare in this world thinking about it. Already had that thought before, flying does counter most enemies though, it's when on the ground things become a tiny bit riskier.

We've just left that forest now, it's Zeki's turn to be the carrier pigeon, he really hates it when I call him that so I'll let it slide for now otherwise he'll drop me again. He really is a grumpy bastard at times and being dropped is not fun even with my winged form, my father when teaching me how to fly taught me that first though.

"So how are we even supposed to find the bastard anyway Petra?"

The land we've just entered looks to be pretty barren and sandy, we're not at the sandy beaches of the eastern coast just yet but the land is slowly starting to change, pretty certain I can just about see the ocean far in the distance now.

"Knowing them, they'll know when we get close and will provide an introduction"

Them? I'm guessing the bastard travels with someone then, this could be interesting.