Chapter 32 - Testing

(Nathan) "What are you looking so giddy about Ikarus?"

"Hehe, don't worry about it"

We've all done as we promised and sent the slaves on their way stocked and supplied with clothes and weapons from the camp with spare food we could find that had survived from the fire as well as some spare from my storage.

They were more than happy to head back by themselves, probably more the fact that they couldn't exactly be anything but grateful to their saviours and would've felt guilty asking for any additional help. They weren't exactly treated the best from the bandits judging from what was found around the camp.

Let's just say, death might have been a better alternative than what these lot must have suffered and move on. I made sure to burn everything to the ground before leaving though, this place is better left burned and buried.

Back onto something a bit more light hearted, the reason for why I look happy.

I tried waiting till we were rid of the slaves to check out my status but I just couldn't wait that long, it's been a few more days since then and I'm still giddy over it even now, killing humans really does pay off.

'Status'

[Name: Ikarus | Species: Phoenix | Level: 41]

[Health 13,413/13,500]

[Stamina 1,773/3,500]

[Magicka 3,500/3,500]

Seventeen levels! Yes, I gained seventeen from that one fight! Hunting anything other than humans is so freaking pointless, my health is so high right now I could actually afford to start investing elsewhere or use that gambling ability, I won't though, I'm not that self-destructive. Oh, that reminds me of something I need to do in a second.

It's still tiny compared to the other OP people but their freaks of nature, alright? I do wonder how many people died by my hands or wings that battle, my level has gone up so much and those bandits seemed so weak.

If I compare myself to a human level, my stats would be the same as a two hundred and four. Bloody hell... it would be nicer if I wasn't just a health main but what can you do about it? My curse persists, once I've levelled a bit more and take a quick visit to my parents, I'll head back to the capital and continue the cure search. That should have been enough time for the prince to find more dungeons, I hope.

We've set up a small camp right now still within the brown forest, it's been four days since the bandit camp and it's early in to the night, I'm holding several bottles of something and am in my human form right now.

"Ikarus-sama... you said you would cut down"

"Calm yourself priestess, they're potions, not booze. I haven't drunk in two nights as well, cut me some slack"

I'm currently doing two things at once right now. Just before I opened up my status, I got out the six potions I purchased back in the city. The reason why I've only just got round to testing them now, I'll explain shortly.

There's also a reason I have to be in my human form, I'll explain that as well.

"Why have you got some potions out?"

"I'm experimenting with something knight"

Since I want to check out the effects of the healent, there's really only one way I can test it effectively, I need to start bleeding. I did want to use it after the battle where I got the arrow wound but there was a slight problem with that. Actually, it was a big problem.

After the arrow was pulled out and I switched form since applying treatment with wings is impossible, the problem was that I couldn't really get to where the wound happened. I have a rough idea where the wound was located but I couldn't bring myself to actually heal down there. It turns out, I wasn't actually shot in the bottom. Ahem... let's just move on since it hurts even thinking about it.