Chapter 172 - Rescue

All of the party slowly walk into the cave carefully unaware of what we might expect so making sure to be ready. Except, what presents us almost immediately is the ending of the cave when all of us realize this place is much smaller than expected. And friendlier as well from first glance.

The interior of the place is similar to the reddish stone that adorns this Underworld regions, except there's clearly several barred off areas making it looking like some old prison cells. The interior of the cells actually look similar to a noble's bedroom in some places, mostly down to the furniture inside the place. I guess even imprisoned Gods need some luxury, I suppose? 

The other strange thing about this prison is that there's only two people of interest around this place. Inside the cell is a black curly haired male hunched up on the makeshift bed and outside the cell, is a blonde-haired creature clearly from the depths of hell.

----------

---These are repeat images from the AI chapter but good for a quick reminder.

----------

'Why the hell is there a demon visiting Dionysus anyways? Wait...'

"Master! Is that really you!? You didn't say you'd be coming down here youself!"

Geld rushes off to the visitor outside of the cell basically giving him the biggest hug imaginable all while wagging this tail in the process, it would be a cute experience if the guy clearly wasn't a demon.

(Demon) "Just call it a lucky coincidence I suppose, it's good you all arrived on time though"

Before we all go over to question why the hell there's a visitor being Geld's master down here, I've noticed Petra's aura turning darker and darker by the second. She looks like she's about to erupt.

"That's him Ikarus, no doubt about it"

Before giving her an answer, I think for a little bit on what she might be referring to, then an answer presents itself making me as pissed as her. Still able to whisper despite immense rage building up.

"Wait... you mean the demon who cursed you Petra? You sure it's him?"

"The aura, it's identical to the devil who made the power exchange long ago. I'm unsure if his appearance remains the same, but it's him"

So, we come across the bastard who's caused Petra so much pain right as we meet Dio in the flesh? Should've expected something like this considering the amount of coincidences that plague this world but still.

(Dionysus) "Guess I won't doubt you any further Asmodeus, you did say this would happen"

(Asmodeus) "Heh, I've always been a demon of my word young God. Delivering on a promise isn't difficult when you know what I know"

'This motherfucker is Asmodeus too!?! We're definitely killing him right this second...'

Remember way back when Ariza got herself killed by the other demon lord, Belphegor or something like that I believe? Asmodeus was supposedly responsible for the invasion...