Chapter 30 - Planning

---To anyone who's gotten this far, thanks for sticking around! You lot supporting this novel have no idea how much this helps me out. Don't worry, I'm not asking for anything, this is literally just a thank you for getting this far---

__________

"Enjoying flying through the skies Petra?"

"It's alright I guess"

We've been travelling for close to a week together so far since adding a temporary party member onto our little group.

Three adults are definitely the most I can fit on my back, if I want to recruit another party member, then it's impossible unless I get bigger. I'm not getting bigger so thankfully, it's impossible. Three people is more than enough joining me for right now, got two boring party members and two otherworlders who have a sense of humour, it's an odd party but it's better than nothing I suppose.

Oh, while flying, we did go near a huge fort on the southern edge of the giant lake. The prince is right though, the lake is huge and must be close to the size of a country.

Back onto our conversation though, the way she responded was a little boring if I'm being honest. I know she's already spent a while already on my back but the reaction was really tame, it's almost as if she's been doing this for years already.

"You've flown before, haven't you?"

"Yes Ikarus, I used to use wyverns a lot when I wanted to travel continent to continent. It's too long a journey on foot to take"

"How did you get access to a wyvern? They're supposed to be exclusive to knights or nobles of the Sierran empire"

I'm also curious on the knight's question, this is first I've heard of someone using a wyvern who isn't a royal or a flying knight.

"I use to tame them myself, it's not that difficult once you get the hang of it"

"Oh, you really should go into teaching for the flying knights, it's good money I've heard"

"Apologies knight, that's not happening. I have no intention to directly help your empire. Killing bandits is one thing, helping your knights improve is something I'm not happy with"

While she's speaking to Nathan, I can't help but check something.

'Aesa, does she have a taming ability for her cultivation system?'

[<Aesa is unsure>]

'I guess you wouldn't be able to tell... I'm unsure why I'm even asking, I'd rather actually not know, I'll just get jealous again'

"Ah, sorry I brought it up"

"Don't apologize for it, it's just a personal preference. For everything good your empire does, something bad also comes to light, everything seems to get swept under the rug. I hold a strong dislike for the royals in particular"

The blind woman doesn't like the empire? I'm not the biggest fan of some of the ways they handle things but that's mostly just down to the people they employ, mostly the bitch comes to mind, it's obvious who I'm talking about.

I wouldn't say I dislike it though, it's more of a constant annoyance. Like an irritating younger sibling who just acts like a little shit all day long, then cries to your parents like a baby when they do something bad and you get in trouble for telling them off. Just a crappy family experience from my human days, nothing about Minos, he's great! Although he's slightly aggressive, I can let that slide though.

Dragon society is much better, well, except for that mad dragon we came across in the north, that's an exception though, I think?

"Yeah, the royals can come across the wron-"