Chapter 107 - Underwhelming

(Ikarus) "Is this... really the place dryad?"

"Yes, those little thieving bastards are inside there!"

(Ariza) "It's just an inn though"

(Zeki) "Brother's right, are you sure you've got the right place cow?"

"Stop doubting me, it's definitely the right place!"

(Petra) "..."

Off one of the main roads that connects the capital to the rest of the continent is an inn we've flown across many times before; the thieves obviously must be inside here but this place looks pretty peaceful for how she described the bandits. Sure, there is a guy out front with an axe but he's only chopping wood with it, must be these bandits are acting peaceful and staying the night here I presume?

Regardless of all four of us birds and our slight confusion, we enter the travellers' tavern and find the place pretty packed, some of the tables are filled with caravanners, others just civilians and a couple groups of mercenaries as well. None really fit the look of bandits or thieves but the dryad clearly thinks that someone in this place is the culprit.

"There they are! Those are the bastards who stole the vigil, get them!"

What the pissed off dryad is pointing at is a family consisting of a husband, wife and a small child. Is she actually being serious?

(Petra) "*Sigh*... seriously?"

(Ariza) "Uh huh, we're not doing that"

(Zeki) "I mean... I like killing anyone and all but even I'm not feeling up for it today"

(Ikarus) "*Sighhh*"

"I don't care if they're just a family, an entire portion of the forest could be destroyed if they're allowed to continue their fiendish ways! I've been tracking these lot for weeks and now vengeance is here, please punish them!"

Thinking back, this isn't the first time this dryad has gotten the wrong impression of someone, just look at how our first introductions went, those splinters were really a bother for a second or two. Once again, something she's saying isn't quite adding up so it might be best for her to stop talking.

"Can you just shut it for a second please?..."

The dryad pouts from me telling her to shut it and Zeki clearly looks a little envious from me doing such a thing, I guess he's jealous that I can actually make her stop talking. Anyways, we need to talk to the family now, they do look a little startled from all the dryad screaming abuse towards them, also getting a few weird looks from other people as well inside this place.

"... It looks like you two have taken something that doesn't belong to you, would you mind if we could have it back?"

Despite my asking, both of the parents have faces of pure confusion, things are never that easy it seems.

"I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you're on about"

"Yeah, my wife and I are a little confused what you adventurers are looking for"

Sighhh, they're even telling the truth, was this dryad mistaken then?

Thankfully enough, the child is literally just banging some rocks together at the table so he couldn't care about his parents being hounded by us. I can already tell this dryad has wasted several days from our lives but let's just get this dealt with now.

"It's a marble sized rock that you fuckers decided to steal from that ruin you stayed at days ago!"

Jesus Christ, there's literally a kid dryad, language. Eve I know not to swear in front of them despite me being awkward as fuck in front of kids.