Chapter 144 - Overpowered

"Sorry Ikarus, completely forgot about them"

"Them? You've seen those creatures before Petra? What even are they?"

Over there in a growing pile of snow looks to be several white human looking figures with a thick body and tall stature. I want to say they look like yetis but I really have no clue what the hell they even are. Oh, can't also forget a couple of ghostly looking things alongside them as well, e've fought ghosts before though..

"Golems, and presumably wraiths, although the wraiths seem a lot weaker than the one we encountered before. Due to the magical nature of the volcano itself, sometimes these things can spawn in the ash, or in this case, the snow. The last eruption as so long ago, my memory left me"

Huh, just the magic volcano doing magic things. Maybe bits of left over magicka from the eruption made its way over here and that's what causes these to form? Pointless speculation anyways, any trespassers need destroying.

"So... should we go attack then? They don't exactly look friendly"

"Heh, they're definitely not friendly Ikarus. Don't forget, wraiths can only be damaged by magicka"

"Look at you telling me not to forget. There's no way I'll ever forget fighting alongside you in that undead dungeon... or how beautiful you look in combat"

We already have come across ghosts and a single wraith before, although that guy was much bigger and scarier than these couple drifting around. The compliment is simply because I feel like I owe her one every now and then.

"Heh, appreciate the compliment Ikarus but probably not the time. Let's go deal with them then"

"Gotcha..."

As we're heading towards the snowy formed creatures, another thought quickly comes to mind but may not be needed. Even if the golems seem kinda strong, nothing compared to me and Petra.

'Bet this won't work, status?'

[<-Ikarus- presumes correct>]

'Thought so...'

Now that we're close enough but just before getting to striking distance, I make a swing with Excalibur to shoot off a magic beam at one of the wraiths and it collides instantly causing it to disappear. Whilst I'm doing this, Petra sends a black fireball into the other and the same exact result. These things go down in a single hit.

Now all that remains is the three white golems, all have realized they're under attack and have started to charge at us armed with nothing but those huge fists.

Watching these creatures charge is almost a little sad, it's like watching something in slow motion. Even the one currently hurling his arm towards me looks to be as slow as a snail.

I easily duck from the swing and slash both of my two weapons into its side causing a muffled scream to come from the creature, that sounded surprisingly human like...

"Petra, these creatures aren't secretly turned humans under all that snow, right?"

It's not like this will really affect me killing them in the slightest but hey, it's nice to know though.

"No Ikarus, golems are nothing like that. The inside is the exact same as the outside"

'Eh, she's the expert after all'

Petra's already decapitated one of the others so I can see there's nothing but snow inside as well now. I should probably try a little harder but this is extremely disappointing. Every punch this guy tries to land on me misses spectacularly, even the reduced visibility from the gasmask is meaningless.