Chapter 57 - Blossoming

"Urgh, the air in here stinks like shit"

"We didn't capture any elves, did we?"

"Haha, those knife ears definitely would make a cesspit smell nice"

"HAHAHAHAHAHA"

Most of the crowd in this place roars in laughter, they clearly seemed to like that.

Okay, watching this show has shown me something, dwarfs really hate elves. Not even just a little bit of banter like insulting your friend, this is full-blown hatred where I reckon they would kill every single one if they had the chance, they seem to love all other species though.

Me and Petra are sitting on seats watching a play in a packed-out theatre looking cave that has a stage at the front with several male dwarfs dressed in costumes, the crowd must have a hundred people in or so.

This show is supposed to be the most popular one to watch in the dwarven kingdom, mainly because it's supposed to be based on truth. If it is true, then their hatred of the elves might be justified.

When the volcano first erupted, the elves saw it as an opportunity to wipe out all the dwarfs. The dwarfs tried to retreat from the mountain range they had called their home for centuries and were greeted by elves who refused to allow them a single place to retreat from the volcano or even to just cross their land to escape. They ended up being forced to stay in a mountain range with a volcano that had literally just erupted, you can see why they had to retreat underground.

It's ironic, the elves actually seemed to take more damage from the volcano from the sounds of it in total, the caves grew with fungus that allowed the dwarfs to survive while the elves had to survive in a dead land filled with soot and no food. I'd say that's kinda deserved if you look at it that way.

Of course, this was a very long time ago, pretty much everyone who was involved in such a thing should be dead by now, it might be completely fabricated as well.

Want to ask Petra a question so I whisper it to her, it's rude to speak loudly while a play is on.

"Petra, is this propaganda or something?"

She whispers back to me.

"No actually, this mostly happened, obviously the exact wording would be a lot different"

I really hope the elven city of Aurora doesn't have elves like this, this bird won't think twice about trying to burn it down but I still doubt I've got the power to do so even if everything gets doubled when my clothing is complete.

I could get Petra to help but waste of EXP, they should be alright though, hopefully.

"How many elves would it take to change a lightbulb?"

"None, they'd just try and admire their reflection on the glass"

"Hahahaha"

Oh, forgot to say all the underground is lit up by lightbulb the uses same type of mineral that lights up the empire's capital, that strange type of ore that seems to light up indefinitely.

'Most of this play was alright but it does seem to be dragging on a bit now...'

__________

After leaving the theatre cave after its finished, we now need to decide what to do.

"Where to next then?"

"You wanted something to eat right? There's a nice place just up ahead if I remember correctly"

Petra starts walking ahead but I stand still, there's something that I'd like to do but can't find the words to say it. Damn this stupid bird brain of mine.