Chapter 63 - Friendly Face

"Out of the frying pan and into the fire"

"That expression doesn't work here Ikarus"

"Yeah... you're probably right Petra"

"Thank the Lord we're finally back here safely"

(Nathan) "That was a long trip"

We have finally arrived back at the capital after a twenty-day or so long trip, pretty sure that's one of the longest travelling times I've spent in my short amount of time living in this world so far. I'm sure these long flights are getting longer and longer now; I mean technically that one was but it is starting to drag out. I really need a potential teleportation ability or something like that to help me get around in the future...

I skipped paying a visit to my parents despite flying over part of the mountain range, it would've been nice to meet them but we've delayed enough already, the trip was long enough as is and this bird needs some more dungeon time. Okay, that sounds so unbelievably suspect, I keep misspeaking a little recently so it's not surprising I'm doing it while recapping as well...

Oh, can't forget I left my stats alone for now as well, having over eight thousand spare points that gets doubled is a real difficult decision to decide what to invest in so for now, I'll leave it as is and decide when needed. My willpower is better than first thought when it comes to gambling so they should be safe till needed.

As for where we are at the moment, we're currently waiting just outside the palace courtyard, something seems to be going on inside right now blocking us access but there is kinda another reason, Petra isn't coming inside with us.

"By the way Ikarus, got some things to do so we'll meet back up afterwards"

"You're welcome to join us inside the palace Petra-sama"

"The royal guards will let you wait inside"

Both those two are only trying to be nice but it's almost as if they've forgotten Petra doesn't like the royals, they obviously don't know of our plans for the future so it must just be them trying to be nice.

"Like I just said, got things to do so can't stick around waiting..."

Thinking about it, this the first time I'm going to be meeting the prince knowing his little dragon secret, can I remain composed? Of course I can, that old Ikarus who was unnecessarily blunt and stupid is long gone, maybe not completely long gone but I've definitely gotten better. I'm actually a really good liar and have a brilliant poker face believe it or not.

Ah, I need to teach those three how to play poker, Petra might remember but doubt it, should probably listen to her right now though.

"... After, also want to spend some alone time with Ikarus so can we meet back up tomorrow?"

Both those two look a bit surprised from Petra's bluntness but I already know what this is about. On the trip over here, she sent a bird carrying a note to the captain Jekyll, we should be meeting him after our meeting with the prince. Pretty sure Petra has an ability that lets her communicate with animals or at least makes them send messages, she did that while none of us were paying attention so I'm not all that sure how she did it.

"Sure Petra-sama"

"Yeah, we'll do that then"

Heh, I do like it when people buy lies without questioning, at least that's sorted. After this meeting with the prince, I'll split up from these two and find Petra and the location we discussed while alone. Then, it's time to meet the captain once again.

Let's stop planning ahead now, I've still got to deal with this little blonde rat next. If the mage is there as well, then it'll become harder but not impossible to deal with.