Chapter 71 - Goblins

"At the very least, this confirms where nearly all the goblins in the empire have gone. They were never fully wiped out, they just moved into a dungeon"

I don't know if Petra is completely right, that dungeon sign hinted at there being goblins but that sign could've been thousands of years old. Reason why I think that is because dungeons are supposed to be built into the fabric of the world, they have always existed and will always exist, at least that's basic knowledge you can find about it. They can obviously be completed, just that it would remain empty if everything was cleared out.

Of course, no one has any real clue since they can be hidden so well in places like this at times, for all we knew this dungeon didn't exist ten minutes ago but you get my point, there is basically next to no knowledge on they came into existence.

There is one thing all of us have failed to mention though. Down scattered about in the various huge goblin camps we can see; goblins aren't the only things about.

"Are they... humans?"

Of in the distance, I'm sure I can see humans, at least human remains, can't see anyone alive from where we currently are though. People must have been down here before and gotten themselves killed, the skeletons do seem to be in odd positions though, almost as if they were captured. Pretty sure I can see one with shackles on and another shackled to the wall.

"Goblins will mate with anything Ikarus, must've dragged them back here. Horrible way to go"

"Uh huh"

(Zeki) "Vile, nasty fuckers. I'll kill anyone but even doing that is nasty"

(Ria) "That's doesn't sound the worst way to go..."

Well that adds another risk factor, we're screwed if we end up getting captured by these goblins... literally as well I might add. Thankfully, these little bastards are normally weak as hell, it'll just be time consuming getting through them all. I really need an AOE ability here. What a terrible way to die though, being the plaything of a goblin. Any guilty feelings I had at killing the previous cute looking ones are now completely gone, all goblins must die if this is how they treat prisoners. I guess that silver ranked adventurer with the glowing red eye had a point, at least for the goblins in large groups.

All of us are completely ignoring what the pervert just said, why is her thinking always perverted? Zeki really has his hands full dealing with her if she likes the idea of 'dying' to goblins.

Still looking down at all those goblins, an idea has come to mind.

"Petra, how many do you reckon I could destroy in five minutes?"

"Heh, you're thinking of using that? In all honesty Ikarus, it might be better to round them up and send them into your path otherwise you'll end up running around like a headless chicken chasing your prey, it'll be cute and fun to watch but might be inefficient"

She's already given it that much thought? Damn, I really like this woman at times. This is really going to be a perfect opportunity to test out star blaze, I'm guessing it'll tear through them like a knife through butter but that five-minute counter and twenty-four-hour countdown really suck though.

(Ria) "What you two thinking of?"

(Zeki) "Yup, what you talking bout?"

(Ariza) "I'm unsure as well"

None of them know about my new ability so it would make sense why they're questioning, the dryad probably already knows just down to her stalking our group, tree spirit things and all that.

"Zeki, you reckon we could force all of them into Ikarus's path?"

"You mean like an EXP or meat grinder? Sure but it would require a fair amount of fire, those little bastards should run with their tails between their legs if we make a show for them"