Chapter 93 - Gold

"Ah, you two are already back? It's only been a day, hope you're not expecting an entire backpack full of ore"

Me and Petra are back in the dungeon speaking with the mine master Jaxon, both of us thought it would be good idea just to check quickly to see if things haven't gone completely to shit.

It's honestly a little surprising how even just a day of progress can make things different down here. Near one of the pillars, it seems that all eleven bed rolls are around a burnt-out campfire with the barrels next to it, a sleeping bit down here would be expected though. What isn't is that they've already gotten tree logs down here and are starting the first section of an uncompleted mineshaft, this kid definitely knows what he's doing.

As for last night, still couldn't share a bed with Petra just yet even after our love confession, did come very close to suggesting it though. I seriously reckon give it a week or two, sleeping together could be very much possible, I do wonder who might be in the 'spoon' position but I'd be happy with it either way...

(Petra) "Nothing like that"

(Ikarus) "Yeah we're just visiting... so anyways, how's it going then Jaxon? Any issues come up yet?"

Maybe we might appear over eager but it's not exactly like there's anything else going on. As much as I love romantic things with Petra and all, feel like my heart would give up if we spent too much time with a goal in mind, mostly because that's when all the romantic stuff seems to happen. It would make sense that it would happen in our relaxed times but still, I've got to be careful otherwise I think I'll end up loving this woman too much, might get clingy or something like that.

"Nothing too major but there is a slight one actually, the workers you've employed really haven't got a clue what they're doing"

It seems two of the vocal four who are currently down here have something to something to say about Jaxon's comment, they might be smashing rocks in the work in progress mineshaft right now but that still doesn't mess up their hearing.

"That scrawny little shit somehow shows all of us up"

"Yeah, that kid is misleading as hell! How can someone as weak as him smash rocks that easily?"

Great, I feel like I'm going to have to do something if these lot are referring to their boss as kid or little shit, he seems to have a response lined up for their complaining though.

"Shut your wagging tongues and get back to work! You don't want me to put in a bad word to our wealthy backers, do you? I wonder how much money we could save if you want to keep it up"

"Yessir"

"Fine"

It's a really good thing this kid has a backbone and also sounds pretty strict, even if he is misleading as hell. Seriously though, you would think someone this scrawny couldn't do such a physical job, I still can't get over it.

"Now back to what I was speaking about, the slight problem is food. While we've got more than enough and the quality is excellent, it might be better to focus more on things that can be preserved for a long time like more of the meats and for stuff which isn't, only focus it around protein-based things like eggs and milk. Need to whip these lot into shape so sweets and things like that for these lot aren't deserving"

Oh, that wasn't what I was expecting, was thinking more along the lines of there might be dangerous animals around, not him pointing out the food isn't the greatest for building muscle. I mean, cake does have eggs in so it's kinda protein based? Forget it though, next time I'll make it less varied and more boring, meat's good and all but too much salt can be overwhelming, at least for my tastebuds but obviously not for those muscle gains.