Chapter 65 - The Spire

Three dungeons to choose from so which one did we decide to head to first? In all honesty, there was no real favourite since we'd have to do all three but to start with, we're heading to the Spire, also known as home to the magi guild.

Guilds are actually a thing in this world despite me never really bringing them up, mostly because there's no point. I mean, what's seriously the point in me gaining money by collecting herbs, killing slimes and gaining a higher ranking within the adventure guild? Are there even slimes in this world? I don't think so, maybe the guilds wiped them out? Thy always seem to be low levelled trash for lower ranked adventurers, wouldn't surprise me if they did go extinct but I'm only basing that off anime and manga.

The guilds do kinda work how you'd expect from any type of normal isekai though, complete quests for money and then slowly gain a higher ranking in that guild itself, pretty sure the magi guild over by the Spire will be very similar to the ones I've heard about, just more magical. Hopefully we don't have to enter some shitty, annoying guild for us to access the dungeon they have hidden away. Knowing my luck, that's exactly what's going to happen though.

Apparently they have a dungeon in their basement, no idea how that even works seeing that the building is built on the gigantic lake that is kinda in the centre of this empire. Maybe it's built so far down, it's perfectly fine? Ah forgot it, just focusing on pointless things once again.

As for what's currently going on, I'm currently halfway through the journey to the Spire with everyone up on my back like with our normal travel arrangements, there is something odd going on right now though during this lovely sunny day we're experiencing.

"Hang on, is that snoring on my back?"

"Heh, those two are both asleep"

Priestess and knight have the audacity to sleep on my feathery, comfortable back while I'm carrying them? It's honestly pretty fine though, last night there was heavy rain and thunderstorms so sleep was terrible for all of us, me and Petra clearly have the stamina to last days without sleep, for those two it's more problematic.

"Should I drop them to give them a slight scare?"

"Heh, that might be a little mean"

I wasn't actually going to do it, just thought that might give her a slight laugh. It succeeded.

A little time passes still while flying and now my mind has wondered elsewhere, an odd question has come to mind. Seeing that those two are asleep, it seems like a good time to ask such a question.

"Hey Petra... what is it that you like about me anyway? Like the main thing if that makes sense"

That's something I've never really understood, I mean, other than my brilliant looks, that's something I don't have an idea on, why does Petra like me in that way? I'd use cute instead of brilliant looks but that's now reserved for Petra's teasing. Don't most people in relationships have these types of questions though? Can we even call it an official relationship yet? Kinda feel like we can...

She takes a second before giving me a response, clearly she was thinking on her answer.

"Can try to give you a specific one if you'd like... maybe your outlook on life might be the main thing, can't forget about your cuteness as well"

Urgh, I knew she was going to do that then, I'm a little confused what she said to begin with though.

"What do you mean by that?"

"It's probably about your carefree attitude to things that happen around you, your mental strength is strong when it comes to dealing with certain situations Ikarus. It's honestly pretty rare for most people to be able to deal with anything that gets thrown at them with a smile on your face. Heh, or beak"