Chapter 60 - Dungeon Seven

"Oh my fucking God, my legsss!"

"You're right to complain Ikarus, that was a tiring trip"

All the other four have already made it up here already so they had a chance to rest their legs for a slight while, me and Petra have only just arrived at the top section of the Yggdrasil tree.

The trip up here was so long, it actually took literal hours of nonstop walking up on a branch that spirals up around the outside of this tree circling around the carved-out centre of it as well. This was hell but I guess it helps with leg muscles, gotta be making them gains.

My complaints are more than justified though, how the hell do the elves think it's okay not to try putting in some easier way to get up and down from this place? For God's sake, there's even homes carved inside the hollow tree up here as well, imagine spending hours going down a tree to work and realizing you've forgotten something and need to head back up. This is just so impractical, why even bother living up here? At least living in the bottom levels seems more practical, maybe it's extremely cheap housing costs up here?

I think this tree provides them with food as well, at least I've seen the occasional elf eating leaves and stuff up here. It is weird how a somewhat hollow tree can also grow leaves and stuff inside it but tis the world of fantasy magic. I swear elves are vegetarians as well but I couldn't give two shits enough to ask. I've always got meat hidden away, in my storage I mean, my third leg has been missing for over two years now.

The place we're currently at right at the top of the tree trunk is in a small little section that seems to be dead end, there does look to be something behind a large curled off branch at the end of this part but there seems no way to climb over or under it.

"If it's blocked off, why just not cut through it? It's only wood after all"

"Impossible Ikarus, most of this tree is enchanted. A part like that isn't going to open by normal means"

Oh, so I guess Petra has already gotten an idea on what's the problem. I'm guessing us two might be taking the lead then, those two elves who have joined us don't seem to have a clue why it won't open either.

"So how do we open it then?"

"All we have to do is walk up to it"

"Huh? If it was that easy, wouldn't it already be open?"

"Have faith Ikarus"

Petra walks over to the branch and wouldn't you know it, it starts uncurling up leaving a gap for us to fit in. That was easy.

(Alexander) "How the hell did you do that?"

(Alexstrasza) "What type of trick was that?"

The brother and sister elf clearly seem shocked from why the magically closed off area just opened; it's clear Petra has some more tricks up her sleeve.

"Just an ability received for completed a set number of dungeons, this one just wants to see if you're worthy or not"

Wait, has she already completed ten dungeons? Is that why she has that ability she just used? No, it's probably something else, she's probably completed even more than just ten thinking about it, six-hundred years of life and all. There can be hidden rewards in dungeons after all, at least for people like us. Not always otherwise I'd have loads more abilities.

"Well let's go in then"

"It better be in here"

'I'm really getting tired of the male elf always speaking first now'

The two elves clearly lacking in patience skills push ahead of us into the potential dungeon opening itself, I'm not too fussed if they want to be the guinea pigs and test to see if there's any traps ahead of us, Petra seems also alright with this arrangement.