Chapter 28 - Petra

(Ikarus) "It's starting to get late now"

"Agreed"

"You can land whenever you want Ikarus, we won't complain"

Everyone's currently flying on my back towards the east side of continent. Like usual with my travel arrangements, I'm currently soaring in the sky looking down at all the little ants on the ground following the road high up. It's been a few days since leaving the capital and it's starting to get dark now.

"I'll stop at the nex- ah, I love it when coincidences happen. There's an inn right over there"

Conveniently enough, there is an inn right near the junction in the road we're approaching, brilliant.

_________

"All done Ikarus?"

"Yeah, all dressed now. Where's priestess?"

We've landed a slight distance away from the inn, I have no idea where Charlotte's gone.

"Lotte felt something odd so she went to investigate the inn, she did say she'll come back straight away if there's danger"

After he finishes speaking, me and the knight start heading towards the inn. A few minutes of walking occur and then we see the front of the inn alongside the road. Outside, I can see Charlotte speaking to someone.

'I know I said I like coincidences earlier but this isn't funny'

The person the priestess is speaking to is the disciple styled blind woman who we've already bumped into twice already.

"Ikarus-sama and Nat, look who I've found"

(Nathan) "Ah, it's the warrior woman"

"Greetings knight... greetings as well Ikarus"

Before I even have the chance to respond, Aesa has to butt in.

[<-User- should take different approach>]

Aesa really can read my mind; she knows exactly what I'm about to do. I have to ignore her though. Without my bluntness, I wouldn't be myself, she's not stopping me responding.

"Oi blind woman! This is stupid now, one or two times stumbling into each other I could understand but this has happened on three separate occasions at three different places. Are you stalking me or something!?"

[<*Sigh*>]

That didn't come out aggressive or anything, I'm just a little annoyed why I've bumped into her again and in another different part of the world. Most of what I just said is more in jest, I'm just curious on why we're speaking again.

"Heh, you're right"

"Don't try and deny it! The chanc-... wait"

Error, brain cannot make sense of situation. Did she just admit it?

"I think stalking is a little harsh but I was hoping to run into you again, I had a feeling you might head in this direction so I've been waiting a little while, looks like I was right"

Is she being serious or mocking me? She seems serious so I'm getting serious to, the priestess will defend me if shit hits the fan.

"Why the hell were you waiting for me?"

"It would be easier to explain without your party members"

"Anything you can say to me, you can say to these two as well"

"Agreed Ikarus-sama"

"We won't leave your side Ikarus"

At least my party is willing to back me up on this, she did just admit to basically stalking me. She might be dangerous.