Chapter 82 - Feisty Marriage

"So then, your plan is to take out all four of the figureheads of the empire and the reasoning for such a thing is because your friend Ikarus wants it?..."

When he puts it that way, it sounds stupid really, we have explained more than just saying 'Ikarus wants the empire changed' but he has to sum it up in that way? I'm a little annoyed but not for that reason, I'm not just Petra's friend though...

(Desmond) "... I guess it's pretty understandable, I'd do anything for Es"

(Esmerelda) "As would this one for you, Des"

'Es and Des, pretty cute sounding nicknames for each other I guess'

All six of us are around a table in the bandit camp on the beach after eating something the dragon prepared for us, I'm pretty certain it was some type of meat and vegetable dish but whatever it was, it was sublime!

Clearly this dragon knows how to cook very well, I guess Petra does know how to as well but home cooking is extremely rare since we rarely have the time for something properly prepared other than using just a campfire or buying premade food, my example being that bento box she made in the elven war dungeon. My cooking tastes like shit but I don't really use seasoning or care that much so it's understandable.

This place is obviously empty though, the hundreds of pirates are either dead or all fled after all, they'll probably try and come back at some point down to the amount of loot scattered around here but it will end up messy if they do, the bastard and the dragon have made a point to wipe these lot out for some reason.

(Petra) "What's your reaction to this other than just summing it up or being condescending?"

I guess even Petra kinda got that feeling from him, he clearly knows we can handle the four.

"Hypothetically speaking since I'm not agreeing to this, what would you have me do? Just waltz in after you've killed everyone?"

He says he's completely against this but he's still asking about it, there is some interest hidden deep inside. Hang on, is that me being perceptive or my eye of wisdom having an effect? I still can't freaking tell with that.

"You're a fan of big entrances after all, their deaths won't be able to be kept secret for very long so you intruding into the princess's birthday party declaring yourself the new ruler would fit the situation well"

Wait, the princess's party? When was this a thing?

"Petra, what you talking about?"

"Ah, sorry Ikarus, forget to mention it. Had a carrier bird find me when we were resting a few days ago sent from Jekyll, you were sleeping so didn't want to wake you. Slight change is that now we have a better opportunity in the near future to get all four targets at once. Waiting a long time for everyone to be together is no longer required"

Petra normally goes into detail on a lot of things when I ask about them so if she's saying not that much has changed, then it isn't a worry, at least our goal is coming closer. I do hope we can get this guy onboard; the dragon doesn't seem to have an opinion on the whole thing and will just follow her husband wherever he goes, at least she seems that way. No idea why she doesn't really care but dragons do seem to be pretty carefree except in some very exceptional circumstances, of course being mother.

"You've even got someone on the inside? I guess you've definitely planned this out, I dread to think what would happen if no one was around to fix all the turmoil that will happen after"

"Only you can take on that role Desmond"

Heh, it seemed like he was trying to play the guilt treatment on Petra then and she played the reverse card, you can never win against Petra in a conversation or a debate, it's impossible.