Chapter 76 - Higher Forces

"The fish tastes like shit; you got anything better orangey?"

(Ikarus) "Can't be eating cake everyday kid, fish is good for ya"

"Still, anything is better than this crap. Where's the blood, bitterness or sweetness? I hate fish"

(Ariza) "You hate everything Zeki"

"Maybe not everything but yeah, you're probably right brother"

(Petra) "..."

After I last left off, we informed the village what happened and left it to them to figure out how to deal with it, they didn't seem all that worried about knowing that their main water souce is completely tainted, I'm guessing they have a way of filtering or cleaning it out so I guess that kind of worry wasn't needed. It also rained earlier but unaware if it did over by their country though.

That was eight days ago, we've been mostly travelling ever since with us even rotating the flying duties this time around, we basically just did it so we could travel for longer without needing to rest. I've actually been on the back of Ariza and Zeki, it's kinda weird not flying yourself for once but I have been on the back of a wyvern before so it's not that strange.

Mr obnoxious really hated when it was his turn to be ridden, he really is a stubborn as my father when it comes to things like that but he still powered on, even if he spent the entire day moaning about it.

As for what we're doing now, we're all eating dinner around a campfire late at night, it's surprisingly cold out right about now. For the last twelve hours, it's been absolutely pissing it down, it turns out it can rain in the desert and now that the rain is gone, the heat seems to be cooled down and the night is pretty cold. Obviously not cold enough to affect me, I do have a resistance after all, it's cold enough for Zeki and Ariza to change form and to be sitting around a fire though, I've got my human feathers and Petra clearly doesn't feel the cold.

The campfire we set up is in the ruins we found; this is the second time we've come across these. The first was when we saw it off in the distance on the way to the pyramid and right now. The plan is to stay here the night, then get out of the country Mitte as soon as possible otherwise we'll end up encountering racists knowing our luck.

Of course, it's extremely tempting to kill every bigot we come across but if I start using that mindset for everyday use, then I'll end killing way too much, Zeki being the prime example of what I don't want to turn into. If it wasn't for Petra, I honestly think he'd become a demon lord of destruction or cruelty, maybe I'm exaggerating but with him, there's a good chance.

Anyway, back onto eating, we've basically all finished by now and I've just thrown the stick I was using to hold the fish into the fire, I've been meaning to clear out some of the food I've got stored away so that's the reason we had fish out in the middle of a desert.

'It really is chilly'

I can definitely see why those two have changed forms, it is pretty cold. Thinking about it, I feel like I can use this an excuse to get closer to Petra, it is 'really cold' after all. I feel like this is the first time I've wanted to cuddle properly as well, not just to cheer Petra up. Of course I've got to go about this in an odd way otherwise I'd be lying to myself, it is something new after all.

"Hey Petra... seeing that it's pretty cold and all, I feel like I might freeze if I don't warm up soon"

I'm such a tsundare at times, this is better than just coming out and saying I want to cuddle though. Unfortunately, there's an elephant sized, obnoxious red blob that can't shut his trap.

"You really ain't fooling no one orangey"

"Heh"

Now I feel betrayed seeing Petra do her laugh at his comment, it's even made me cross my arms and pout. Thankfully, it's clear what I was hinting at so she moves closer on this ruined looking bench we're sitting on and puts her arm around me and I snuggle into her, would this be called a sideways hug? Ah, I don't care what it's called, Petra's warmth is pretty great to be honest.