Chapter 42 - Giant

"ARGHHHHHHH!"

The giant lets out a blood curdling scream as to initiate the battle. Immediately, all four of us spread out as to surround the gigantic boss and not to became an easy grouped up target.

Petra starts by activating her sword art and using her black flame together, the samurai sword flies off slicing and dicing aiming towards his head while her flame coats the chest of the giant.

Charlotte points her summoned sword and a beam of pure light shoots out of it striking the giant in the chest.

Nathan launches a spear in the guy's direction but it only makes contact with his leg, the giant is massive and the knight can only throw it so far.

I fly up and attack the giant from a different position charging up my fire tornado and releasing it towards his head.

"ARGHHHHH!!!"

Once all our attacks land, the giant lets out an even louder scream and begins to start thrashing his arm about hitting Petra's flying blade clean out of the air.

(Petra) "Knew that wouldn't work, this is troublesome"

(Nathan) "That did nothing"

(Charlotte) "We can handle this, everyone just have faith"

While everyone else is talking, I need to see how much damage our group just did while I'm still flying about.

'Status'

[Name: Tia' Kharafi | Species: Giant | Level: 333]

[Health 52,249/55,100]

[Stamina 78,093/78,100]

[Magicka 0/0]

'Damn it, that really did barely anything, this guy must have a strong resistance to all damage'

I think I roughly used up half my magic up in one go there and he's barely been affected, everyone else has the exact same issues as me right now as well.

Now it's the giant's turn to return an attack, he swings his club towards one of my party members and uses his free hand to try and whack me out of air at the same time. Thankfully, I'm a lot faster than him but I'm unsure on my party members.

The club crashes into the ground and a pile of dust surrounds the impact crater, it looked like he was aiming for Petra but she appears out from the dust unharmed.

"Heh, try that again"

Is she playing bait? She's literally just standing still now, I know he has quite the slow swing speed but even then, she'll be crushed if she misjudges when to dodge.

While the giant swings for another attack, me, priestess and the knight all fire the exact same type of attacks into him again. We all make contact while he slams his club into the ground where Petra is standing.

"Want to try again?"

Exact same thing happened again, Petra's speed is unmatched but this time, she does something a little different after avoiding the hit, a black flame tornado, similar to my attack starts charging up around her.

"ARGHHHHH!!"

The giant screams from frustration and decides to change his approach focusing elsewhere. While that's happening, I need to sort myself out.

'Magicka?'

[<11%>]

I have to land to take my potion unfortunately, I'll be out of the battle for a second. I can't get the potion into my mouth while flying. It's completely stupid how little damage we're doing right now.