Chapter 132 - Old Wounds

"You..."

"No words for me Petra, other than you? It's been quite some time, hasn't it?"

All of sudden still right in the middle of town, Petra's aura as well as her eyes turn black and she charges towards the vampire armed with her blade aiming for the vampire's throat. Melinda manages to equip a hidden dagger just in the knick of time blocking said attack.

Of course, the reaction I'm going to have is of pure shock, Mute the dragon shares the same sort of reaction too, why the hell are they fighting? Is this supposed to be Petra's ex or have I just brought her someone she despises?

Again, Petra goes in for another merciless attack towards the neck with pure hatred on her face while the vampire just keeps blocking, this fight almost looks like a blur due to how quick both sides are able to react.

"You really hate me this much? I'll repay the favour then since you started it"

"..."

Whatever is going on, I can't just stand around and gawk while Petra's getting more and more angrier, even the vampire looks to be swinging for Petra's neck now. Normally, I'd step in to help her but this doesn't feel like I should be this time.

"Petra, calm down! There's people here!"

"This woman needs to be destroyed Ikarus"

"After how many years we spent together, this is how you greet me once again? You forgetting the oath we swore together Petra? Or did that cave in you purposely brought down on my head cause you to forget?"

"..."

Once again, another strike with intent to kill flies towards the vampire with the ponytails and she blocks it again. This woman clearly is as skilled as Petra but this fight cannot be allowed to continue for too long, the ground itself looks to be cracking from the sheer intensity right now. I don't even know how that's physically possible but not the time. People must be idiots as well; a small crowd has started to gather obviously not realizing just how dangerous this current fight actually is.

Damn this fucking lack of information, is this woman Petra's ex or not though? Every time that's been brought up, Petra always gets depressed so now I'm thinking this is someone else but at the same time, this has to be her, right?

"For the love of God! Can we try and settle this situation amicably? Calm the fuck down, both of you!"

This time around, I've jumped into the middle of the battle and that finally seems to have stopped it briefly. At least it's a good sign both parties are willing to reason if I throw myself into the middle of it like an idiot.

"See? Even your current lover is willing to see sense Petra"

This vampire is starting to piss me off a little but I've got to calm Petra down, those black eyes in particular are always a bad sign. This woman can't be that evil that she needs to be purged, right? She seemed relatively alright but we've got to handle this in a different way.

"You don't know her as well as I do Ikarus, but for your sake, I'll lower my blade... for now"

Thankfully, I still hold Petra's heart but this situation does need to be sorted. We can always kill the vampire if she really is despicable but this bird needs some goddamn information right now.

"Can someone please tell me just what the hell this is about? Why the hell are you two fighting?"

"You really haven't told her anything Petra it seems"

"..."

Every time this woman talks, Petra's bloodlust grows stronger, just what the hell happened between them for this sort of friction to occur?