Chapter 169 - Asphodel Meadows

Twas the night before Christmas, noise echoed through the house. Embarrassment started brewing, as Ikarus moaned at her future spouse...

"*Sighhh*... always the same with you Petra. It's appearance over practicality like usual"

"Heh, you barely feel the cold though Ikarus. Give me a spin since you look cute"

"No..."

---FYI, I'm using the holidays as an excuse to slack off so uploads will probably be sporadic this upcoming week

---FYI, I'm using the holidays as an excuse to slack off so uploads will probably be sporadic this upcoming week. Happy holidays everyone and don't drink too much! I'm a hypocrite so I'm ignoring said advice...

__________

"Uh, this place seems scary"

"Heh, slight understatement Ariza. You don't have to look so happy about this though Ikarus"

"I'm not Petra! It's just that this sort of place was something I expected, that happy Elysium place was unsuitable for the Underworld. This is definitely more like it"

"Even I don't understand orangey's tastes here, this place just looks shit. Like a necromancer's wet dream or something"

(Geld) "Funny you should say that Zeki, my master did mention once all undead are summoned from the Asphodel Meadows"

"Meadows? But there's no flowers or even life here?"

"Maybe the spikes are supposed to be flowers Lotte? There is a lot of dead shrubbery around, the name probably isn't literal though"

Now fully healed up and ready to go, we've just entered the doorway to the next Underground region and boy, this place definitely looks more suitable for this place.

Standing on top of a huge rock overlooking Asphodel, what presents us is a huge, flat but lifeless wasteland vast as the eye can see, also containing these small rocky spikes and deceased plant life. The darkened sky itself adds to the ominous atmosphere, the lighting that repeatedly strikes the land in the distance makes it feel even more terrifying.

"So, we'll have to fight off the hordes of the undead then? Pretty sure I can just make out the next gate way over there"

"Heh, your eyesight is probably the best out us all Ikarus so that's where we'll head"

Should also mention the skeletons roaming about aimlessly, countless different shapes and sizes coming from any sort of creatures corpse imaginable. This place still has the ghastly souls that reside in the Underworld but it almost looks like they're trying to hide or stay out of sight from the undead, are they policing or hunting the souls? Not really about all that sure.

"Anyways, let's get on with this then"

"Heh, catch me Ikarus"

"What..."

Slowly climbing down the rocks with me leading, Petra can't help but 'accidently' slip and somehow ends up being princess carried within my arms. Normally, I like this sort of thing but not when we're literally about to fight the entire goddamn skeleton army!