Chapter 139 - Death

(Temporary Perspective Change)

"So let me get this straight Asmodeus... instead of focusing your army on the phoenix and only going for her... you decided to attack, the ENTIRE MORTAL REALM!?!"

"You're making this out to be bigger deal than it actually is Zeus. Things would have gone much smoother if you told me the dragons had decided to band together and protect the world. Further preparations could've been made if that vital piece of information were present"

'It's always bittersweet seeing father like this, I'm not sure if this situation is good or bad but seeing him this anger does bring a hidden smile though'

Me, Asmodeus and Zeus are all currently at a viewing station after witnessing the demon lord Belphegor's death and I can't help but notice how much Asmodeus seems to enjoy getting ripped at by Zeus. He planned and orchestrated this failed attack yet seems to not care in the slightest? It's almost suspicious how he really has no care for his own kind.

"Bah... are you actually mad demon lord!? Why on Olympus did you think it was a good idea to do all that!?

"It's obviously for a distraction. If I were to send the entire demonic army straight to the islands alone, then wouldn't that have looked suspicious? You wanted this under wraps, correct? It sounds like this is a complete waste of time then, can always call the attacks off if you really still don't like my plan"

"You still haven't called them off!?! Bah, I think my soul is losing its grip on reality..."

To actually see Zeus be this worked up over something. Despite his irritation, none of it is aimed for the safety of mortals since such a thing isn't a consideration at all. This just comes down to being moaned at by other Gods when this information finally reaches public ears. And it will, I'll personally make sure on that.

"*Sigh*... this is why I cannot put my faith in anybody... there's only one real option left to protect the Gods now. I feel like you've forced my hand a little as well Asmodeus"

Even now, I'm still not sure what his final option is. There's been a rumoured final resort father has been keeping secret for dealing with troublesome problems but no God or contact even seems to have a clue what it could be... well, at least of what we know of. There probably is someone out there who has a clue but we're in the dark right now.

If I'm speculating though, father's solution cannot be him finding a body to possess and doing things that way, it's way too risky and time consuming to be considered a choice. And besides, he only does that sort of thing simply for sex. If not for the most basic of carnal needs, then what's the point? But taking up a temporary form is slightly different to actually being able to stay a while longer in the world.

Zeus wants the phoenix gone yesterday and getting stuck in a baby's body for years being fully conscious is a choice he'd never make since picking a mortal body is the only way to be able to return. If you go down there full power mad, you're permanently stuck is what I'm told.

He could also do what I do with an incarnate but I think Zeus see's that idea as a little disgusting and would be extremely hypocritical if he did. Relying on mortals to do your own job would repulse him.

If this last attack, whatever it may be on Ikarus fails, there might be the chance for a peaceful route but after what's happened, could you really see the phoenix wanting to become a Goddess? No chance, in her situation, I'd want to purge the heavens personally...

It's a shame Hephaestus isn't around since he used to handle all of Zeus's affairs and may even know what the final solution is but that's just complete speculation. Still can't find him despite my best efforts, should probably join in the conversation as well. I was invited here today despite my observation job being finished.