Chapter 62 - Lucky Draw

We ended up spending a good five more days in the elven city of Aurora seeing all the sights there are to see. There actually wasn't that much to do despite these elves loving to live in comfort, at least compared to the dwarven kingdom. This place isn't really suited for tourism it seems.

We did eat a lot though, unfortunately nearly everything is salad related so food sucked. Elves aren't actually vegetarians, you can find meat sellers around the place but most prefer rabbit food, that's what vegetables basically are anyway. You'd think fish would be quite common since this city is literally next to that huge river but once again, it's not all that common.

Always need to make sure I've got meat stored away in storage in case of a bad situation like that undead dungeon, we can't risk the chance of starving somewhere if another dungeon like that comes up hence the reason for the lacklustre food.

Despite my complaints at the lack of actual food, it still wasn't that bad, mostly because of the gorgeous buildings and libraries in this place, made sure to purchase a load of books since elves like to value history on certain things even if some of its fake.

Oh, also found out the elves' perspective on the whole dwarfs' vs elves thing that went down, it's a little more complicated than first thought.

They actually believe the dwarfs purposely set the volcano to erupt themselves just to spite the elves and get revenge for previous wars they had against each other. I very much doubt that's the case seeing that father and mother both said the reason was down to a God but if true, there's always two sides to a story. I'm going with the dwarfs here though; it seems a little mad to set off a volcano in your own back yard but they are a little mad so it's not completely impossible. They'd probably make gunpowder bombs and set it off that way.

Also the dislike of humans isn't as strong as you'd think, it's more a dislike for the empire than anything else. Petra probably helped with that since her history did bring her to this place more than once. A lot of the older elves know about her and greet her as hero in the streets, it's the younger ones who seem to have the racist tendencies, young in elven standards is still quite old though.

Elven age is a little complicated since there are different species of elves that I'm unable to tell the difference between. I'm pretty sure dark and high elves live the longest but for the actual age, maybe up to a thousand years? It's not written about since elves don't actually track their own lifespan very well but the oldest I'm aware of is a very old looking elf who is close to a thousand, Petra pointed someone out to me when we walked past her. She looked at deaths door and had darker skin so that's what I'm basing it off.

Then again, some of the other species of elf only live a little while longer than humans so it's extremely varied. Let's just go a hundred years to a thousand and call it a day. That's elven lifespan for ya.

Other than stop the two rulers in this city waging war, Petra seems to have done a lot throughout the years helping a lot of folks in quite a few tribes. This is to be expected though, can't go into everything she remembers since there's a lot she's done but her memory is holding six-hundred years' worth of memories after all.

Seeing that I'm thinking about her, that was a very intimate moment with Petra at the bath house, I pushed myself a little too far with that. Like I said last time, it was only cleaning but that was way too... stimulating? I think that's the correct word for it, still not ready for that much. One day, I should be hopefully...

We've left the city now anyways, back into the skies as an immortal fire bird watching all the little mortals from the heavens. There's only trees below me right now and I'm stuck with three people on my back but my description of myself still kinda works. I will be immortal if my levelling keeps up at this rate and I gain some more abilities.