Chapter 41 - Dungeon Dört

Slept like shit, I didn't even want to spend the night drinking, that's how crap I felt. I guess I feel a little better now but still not particularly great.

I'm currently sitting at a table at the inn we're staying at on that hot spring island settlement I was talking about. The little town out here is quite nice and peaceful, at least from what I was able to tell since I also spent the night exploring this town. You'd think it would be empty since it was midnight but you'll be surprised how many people we still up and about.

"Morning Ikarus"

"Morning"

Petra has just entered the inn seating area and just greeted me; she looks a little tired as well.

"You didn't sleep as well?"

I guess she can tell just by looking at my face. No, she's blind, maybe from my energy perhaps?

As she sits down next to me at the table, I start speaking quietly still having a question from last night.

"Petra, why were you even spying on the empire anyway?"

Most things were cleared up last night but there are still some things that don't make complete sense, what were her reasons for even knowing all that crap?

"Searching for something and the information network the empire has is vast and endless"

She responds speaking quietly as well, we are the only people in here right now but still, might be ears hidden about.

"What are you searching for?"

"Rather not say if you don't mind, it's slightly personal"

She's looks really depressed while giving her answer, I won't press her, everyone has secrets they don't wish to share. I do wish that maybe she would just reveal everything but then again, look at what just happened last night, can I even take knowing everything?

Yeah, I can. I'm not getting depressed over this anymore, the empire are lying bastards who have been desperately trying to cover their tracks, no point in worrying over the future. The prince in particular will receive his comeuppance, I think that means punishment but I'm unsure.

"You two are already up?"

"Morning Ikarus-sama and Petra-sama"

Oh, the knight and priestess are joining us as well now, I'm surprised they're up this early. At least this means we can start making a move once everyone's ready, might as well focus on the upcoming dungeon.

"Now that's everyone's up, when do you all want to leave?"

I'd rather just continue on the dungeon search and keep my mind off things right now, seems a good way of keeping myself distracted.

"Ikarus, have you eaten yet?"

Petra's the first to respond, I think she's still concerned about me.

"It's fine, I was eating throughout most the night"

Think it's called stress eating, thank whichever God stops me from gaining weight. I probably could gain weight but that would require a ship filled with unhealthy food. Thinking about it, ice cream is the best stress eating food, I'm yet to come across anything like that yet though.

"Allow us to eat and get ready, then we'll leave Ikarus-sama"

(Nathan) "Yeah, we'll need some energy for the day ahead"

"..."

Petra still looks a little down though, she really shouldn't feel this bad revealing everything, she's too nice for her own good at times, I'm fine now, as fine as I can be at the very least.