Chapter 88.5 - Heavenly Beings

---And we're back! Thanks for being so patient with these breaks and hopefully you enjoy this volume as well. Do have some news to give, there will be the rare 18+ side chapters going forward now (Thank the readers over at scribblehub for this) but all of them will be easily SKIPPABLE if you're underage or just don't fancy reading about Ikarus and Petra's love life. Consider this a 'warning' since these chapters should follow the same 5 a week upload routine but I don't want to make them all that common.

---2 chapters releasing today as payment for the wait and unsure if this can even be considered as a side chapter, it's basically a full length one with some background knowledge on a couple of things that have been hinted at.

__________

"Welcome my children, please all take a seat and we can begin the meeting"

Ah, the hall of Olympus, had some fond memories here, a few being bad but the good ones were mostly hazy filled nights full of drinking alcoholic beverages but how else would you enjoy this boring place? There's only so much you can do to pass the years.

There's just the five of us in this large hall with this table that could easily fit twenty or thirty, unsure why it's only us though, was called for a meeting that could determine the fate of that specific human world yet it's only us? Me, our father Zeus, uncle Poseidon, Athena and Artemis. Haven't a clue where the other factions are or where the other siblings might be as well but with Zeus, it wouldn't be a surprise if another sibling is about to be born, he's never been able to keep it in his pants after all.

Let's just move on from that though, all of us are wearing toga styled robes because what else would you wear in this type of place? Even excluding the fact we might be wearing similar clothing, our appearances have always been different, even that's up for debate now.

Zeus like usual can't help with his over-the-top human muscley mortal figure with his toga only around his waist, Poseidon has always done that too but I really can't understand why both of them revel and gloat about such a stupid thing. Mortals gain muscle by working out, us lot would actually have to tap into magic for such a pointless visual effect. Combine that with their grey hair and huge beards, they really are looking more alike than ever. At least the rest of us don't really do much to our mortal forms.

I'm lying a bit, I did dye the scruffy mess on my head black and it appears Artemis has gone for a more natural look then the green she sometimes uses, she looks pretty similar to Athena with her brunette hair right now if you exclude the lack of wisdom and the gigantic bow she carries around like it's a newborn child on her back.

Zeus, God of the sky and who that controls all, Poseidon of the endless sea, Athena the Goddess of wisdom, Artemis of the hunt and little'ol me, stuck with the wine... Do you know how boring wine can be when there's so much else out there to drink?

Forget all this, at least he's invited most of the non-irritating side of the family, would be even better if Hades and Persephone were allowed out of the underworld but suggesting something like would probably get me struck by Zeus's lightning.

"Why are we here and only just us few?"

Before father even has a chance to speak at the head of the long white table, Athena has already questioned him on why it's just us younger lot and uncle here. We've already sat down close together, still can't understand the point of using the pure white Olympus hall if we're the only people turning up.

"Frankly... I wanted a more unbiased view from beings who aren't a complete pain in the arse... most of the older women up here are batshit crazy as they are, you four seemed the best"

It seems Artemis is about to blow a fuse from what Zeus just said there though, she has always been a bit wild and blunt, even if she can try her best to be civilized at times like this. It would make sense she spends nearly all of eternity in the hunting realms after all.