Chapter 78 - Perspectives

---No chapter tomorrow, I'll stop giving these updates (Unless it's a different day/long time I miss) since you should just always assume the Wednesdays/Saturdays won't have anything. If they do, then it'll be a pleasant surprise like this week :)

__________

(Temporary Perspective Change)

"Ikarus, Ikarus!"

"Sis, calm down, she'll be fine"

(Ariza) "People don't just pass out for no reason Zeki"

This must be related to her curse, it's got to be, right? She felt light headed way back in that other dungeon, it's got to be something similar and it clearly is having a stronger effect but this still doesn't seem right, I can't help but have anxiety over her.

"She's breathing older sis, it's probably just fatigue or something"

He's irritating me now; fatigue doesn't work this way and he knows it.

(Petra) "Ikarus's stamina would've been fine Zeki, this isn't that... Fucking curses, really hope it's not hurting her in anyway"

At this point, all three of us are around the collapsed Ikarus with me holding her from keeping her slumped against the floor, she deserves better than this. If I only I knew more on curses, could've prepared her for when this happened.

I need to calm myself and try to regain composure, she'll definitely wake up, right? No, that type of optimistic thinking is something I've never been able to constantly do, need to find a solution in case she doesn't wake up quickly, better to be safe than sorry, learnt that the hard way throughout the years.

"Zeki, you have any way of contacting that dryad?"

That dryad seemed to know more than she let on when it comes to phoenixes, bet she has some knowledge on curses. Even if she doesn't, her knockout did make Ikarus seem really relaxed, never heard her snore before then.

"Nah, I don't, it's fucking dumb how she can basically stalk me anytime she wants and I can't do the same"

I'll let that comment slide, he does say too much at times.

"Then what does your voice say about what's going on?"

I've got to ask him for help, would think of asking Ariza but her voice can be a little off at times, it's why she doesn't speak to it that much. Zeki's is easier to understand but that's only because his is very similar to Zeki, apart from a few differences but that's to be expected.

"Huh? Gimme a second then... it says it can't give appropriate advice on this situation, always told you these AI voices work like shit... fuck you too!"

Once again, him and his voice can't help but fight, kind of miss mine thinking about it but now's not the time for reminiscing about that sort of thing, Ikarus always comes first.

I've got one more idea that could work or backfire a lot, it'll take a while to get there but if I fly nonstop with no breaks or rest, can make it work a lot quicker, maybe get the trip down to a third of how long it normally would. Would Ikarus hate me though? No, her safety is more important right now, they'd be able to help, surely.

"Sis, stop worrying so much, she'll probably come back around in a minute"

Normally, I'd agree with him if it was anyone else but with her, can't help but feel protective, she's Ikarus after all, rather die than be careless with her safety just waiting for her to awake like this.

Ignoring giving him a response, I quickly change my form despite knowing how much this is going to hurt and before I ask for help, those two already seem to be worried for me.