Chapter 96 - Trade Deal

"Ah, so you two have now arrived, welcome to the heart of the dwarven kingdom. I'm happy you could make time to meet with me so quickly, it's only been an hour since Garry passed the message across after all"

Me and Petra have just arrived in Jarl Denver's throne room and it's kinda how you'd expect a dwarven throne room to look, mostly down to it being all stone based. A huge gigantic cavern with carved out faces of previous Jarls on the walls high up to the ceiling, wide and spectacular rock pillars follow the outsides of the room, guards dressed in brutal looking heavy dwarven styled armours and sitting on a metal uncomfortable looking throne is a kid. That part is clearly not what you'd expect from dwarfs but we already knew this.

The kid does look pretty young despite being roughly the same height as an adult dwarf but that might just be down to him basically being bald in the facial hair region. That must be a little weird simply because I've seen children a hell of a lot younger than him already starting to grow out beards and he is as baby faced as they come.

Despite all this, he doesn't feel like someone to who could be considered weak or inexperienced, there's a strange feeling I have about him that seems slightly odd. It's almost as if I'm looking at someone who's pretty powerful in spite of his young age.

'I wonder how powerful this kid actually is, status

[Name: Denver | Species: Dwarf | Level: 1]

[Health 35/35]

[Stamina 26/30]

[Magicka 35/35]

'Seriously!? You honestly expect me to believe this kid has never killed a single creature in his life? Nah, I'm not having it this time around'

I know that my system has always been based about seeing how much others have killed except for the rare occasion like with priestess but this kid is definitely not as weak as that. Seriously though, he feels like he could be holding more power to those elf siblings I remember killing back in the tree dungeon. He's got to have found a way of hiding his true power otherwise this just isn't right. Aesa hasn't made a comment as well so even she isn't sure about this.

I'm not the only one who's done a status check on him though, it's been a while since I've seen Petra's eyes go blue as well. Unlike me though, she has a more relaxed reaction to him.

"Heh, it's nice we get to speak again, been all too long kid"

I'm surprised Petra isn't doing her 'in awe of royalty routine' but it might just not be needed, this boy doesn't seem to hold any arrogance nor even cares about being called kid.

"Huh? Excuse me but I don't believe we've ever met; I'd definitely remember coming across someone as famous as you in this kingdom"

"You would've been in diapers back then; your father did always say were the cutest child he had, although you did give him a few headaches discussing philosophy"

Then only for a split second, the kid's face turns slightly red. See, Petra knows exactly what she was doing there and now I do as well, she is really good at this sort of thing. The kid Jarl regains himself ever so slightly and continues on, he's not going to win in a battle of wits against her even if he tries.

"Hehe... fair play, I see how you're going about this Miss Petra... it's a pleasure to meet the long-standing icon of the dwarven kingdom and your friend... Ikarus was it?"

"We're more than just friends but I'll forget about that since it's just a little pointless to worry about..."

Huh, I've never seen Petra be pedantic about something like that. Sure, we technically are girlfriends but it's not exactly like it matters all that much, should I really care about people knowing? I mean, it doesn't affect how us two are in the slightest, having people know my love for her isn't going to change anything between us personally. All it would really do is look a little like I'm showing her off even if Petra would be worth doing that for.