Chapter 11 - Captain

"Begin!"

In a small clearing within the forest, me and the captain who's wearing armour are both outside the small log cabin the two humans are living in. Both of us have wooden weapons in our hands.

As for what's happening, his training session is just beginning. Since he wants to get an idea on my sword stance and ability, I've been told to attack him. Already know I'm going to be terrible at this but everyone's got to start somewhere, right?

I did have some problems changing form since I needed help putting the choker back on so I had to ask him for help, I made sure he closed his eyes so he couldn't see my nude body through the changing form smoke while I put some clothes on.

This choker is starting to piss me off now, as long as you have hands, anyone can put it on. Taking it off is the part that requires magic, I can't do either since don't have hands in bird form and no magic in both. I'm basically stuck whatever form I'm currently in till I can get help, it's stupid.

Going back on the topic of clothing, I have a set of trainee knight clothes on that captain Jekyll brought with him for me, it's a very good thing he got me clothes because swinging a sword in a nightgown and a fur robe wouldn't have been the greatest idea.

The clothes themselves aren't anything spectacular, just a bland grey set of clothing that's gets worn under armour but I really like it since it's the first time I've been able to wear trousers in this world. I wonder how he got my measurements though. Actually, don't think about it, I'm going to get flustered think about myself again.

"O-Okay"

With the sword in hand, I charge at him and swing it towards his chest, he doesn't even move or flinch and blocks the full force of my swing with his wooden sword.

'Ouch, that hurt'

Just from that attack alone, my hand stings from the impact. I'm not built for this, am I?

'Damn it Ikarus, man up, you can't kick or peck everything to death, can you?'

"Swing faster and harder, I want to see your form"

That really did next to nothing to him, he just stands there with his big wooden sword in his hand like it's nothing at all. Big wooden sword, hehe.

I'm such a child, I should focus.

Going in for round two, this time I think of doing something a bit sly. I swing again but just as my sword makes contact with his block, I push my entire body forward against my sword and try to push him back. Thankfully, this actually works.

He gets pushed back ever so slightly and then I go in for another attack, however this attack is different than the swing, I stab at the sword towards him.

Before I even get the chance to act out my evil mastermind plan, the stupid captain sensing what I'm doing goes and uses his free hand to karate chop the top of my head.

"Ouch... what was that for?"

"First rule of training, never stab your sword like that"

"Couldn't you have told me that before hitting me?"

"No. I wanted to see if you would try and fight for real, I'm impressed"

Ha, I've impressed the captain. Maybe I'm actually a natural sword genius after all. Why doesn't he want me to stab my sword forward though? Thinking about it, the sword does look sharp, we're only training, not in actual battle.

"How do you reckon my form is?"

I might be looking a bit smug from his praise.

"Terrible, you have no natural ability and would make a terrible knight"