Chapter 166 - Odd Circumstances

"Is that... is that two dragons!? No, they can't be, all dragons are different colours"

"Heh, you can't be forgetting something that important Ikarus. They definitely aren't dragon"

(Zeki) "Is that... hahahaha..."

"Are they... Yeah, they're definitely wyverns"

"You can tell that from over here Nat? I guess you did fly them quite a bit"

Still ahead of the party remains the three airships, however, two blue flying creatures have appeared in sight having just exited the airships. It's been way too long since we've come across wyverns, bit strange that both of them are unmanned though.

The odd thing is, the only person who hasn't said anything is Ariza who seems to be a little anxious.

"Uh... Ikarus, can we flee? I really don't want to deal with this again"

"Hahaha, I knew it! It's brother's boyfriend! To think he lives ove- ouch!"

"He's not my freaking boyfriend Zeki! Uhhh, how many times to I have to tell you!?"

Ariza rightfully gives Zeki a quick punch from the boyfriend tease but now I can't help being extremely curious. I always thought that wyvern prince moment would never be brought up again so meeting a royalty of the flying rats sounds pretty cool. Unlike father, I can bottle easily bottle up my dislike of the creatures, should probably avoid calling them actual rats though.

"So, I'm going to assume one of them is the wyvern prince then? Could the other be the fabled wyvern king as well?"

One definitely appears considerably bigger than the other and they both are fast approaching, the other phoenixes don't seem to be worrying about things so hopefully the king won't attack us?

"Uh... huh? Never got around to meeting his father Ikarus, we didn't even speak for longer than an afternoon"

"No idea orangey. All I know is that the prince has a massive crush for brother"

"He doesn't Zeki! He was just thankful for the help; will you please just stop already?"

'Ah, so this is an unrequited love sort of thing? Let's see how this goes then'

Eventually, the two blue flying rats make their way over to where we're at and land right in front of us. If I didn't have to forcibly act like I dislike wyverns, reason being the ol'lizard would be disappointed if I liked them, I'd almost say they look kinda... cute? At least by wyvern standards, sort of a mixture between a puppy and a dragon face.

----------

----------

Anyways, both of them barely spend any time if those cute forms of theirs before switching into something a little more human friendly.

A boy, the spitting image of Ariza forms from one of the wyverns with a blue suit of armour on and the other, a much bigger, bulkier and manly version of the boy with a crown atop his head. These two are definitely related and judging by how they look, I can see why the prince may have a crush on Ariza. Just imagine how blue the family would look together!