Chapter 21 - Encounter

"You purposely kept that hidden"

"Kept what hidden?"

Back in the capital, we've returned to meet Alistair and are currently out in the garden discussing what happened. The prince is sitting at a table drinking tea while were standing around him.

"The dungeon, you never said it was such a perverted place"

"You never cared to ask for specific details like such"

This guy is irritating, he knew exactly what types of things that dungeon would ask for, him smiling isn't helping either. I think I'm looking a bit sulky as well.

"You can keep complaining Ikarus but at the end of the day, we're one step closer to removing your curse"

"His highness does have a point"

"It wasn't the most enjoyable experience but the Lord did help get us through it after all"

He's right but having the other two back him up doesn't help. I'll just forget about it.

"I do have some good news for you though, we know where another dungeon is"

Wow, that was quick, no rest for the wicked or whatever that expression was.

"You've already found another one?"

He takes a sip of his tea before answering.

"You can thank Leone for this information, she's the one who's been looking through old history books... Up, in the far north of the continent, there's an island which were pretty sure holds an uncompleted dungeon"

"You're pretty sure?"

I'm skeptical because of last dungeon, this better not be an 'easy' dungeon that turns out to be more irritating than anything else.

"I put emphasis on uncompleted, we are unsure if it's been finished or not. People have been sent to complete it but none have returned..."

Ah good, this might be a challenge then.

"... I can see the look on your face Ikarus, it's still isn't a fighting dungeon. It sits in the same category as the previous one"

That's another disappointment, how is he sure of that though?

"How the hell do you know that? If no one has returned, then you shouldn't have any info on it"

"I didn't say no one has returned, I said no one has returned who's attempted to complete it. People have been inside the dungeon and have actually given us some information on what is looks like inside"

He finishes his cup and gives a small hand signal for a maid to get him another one after answering.

"So... what's the inside look like then?"

"A fountain with forgotten language on it"

...

Is he purposely vague or does he try to be irritating?

"Is that it?"

"You wanted the description, that's what it looks like. To attempt the dungeon though, one must drink from the water and be put into an unconscious state"

"People are drinking poisoned water from a fountain then? This place doesn't sound like a dungeon at all"

The prince now shakes his head and sighs at me from my skepticism, I am right though.

"*Sigh*... it isn't like that Ikarus. To access certain realms, you cannot remain conscious. You'll understand once you get there, it should very much be a dungeon"