Chapter 160 - Gifts

"Seriously Petra? Can't you just tell us already?"

<...?>

"Heh, just be patient you two, we're nearly there"

Currently, me and Mute are being led by Petra towards where our gifts are residing. Absolutely zero clue on what they could be and why Petra's done such a thing, feel a little guilty I haven't prepared anything for her but the only things Petra seems to like is weapons, combat and well, me after all. I was shit at gift giving even back on Earth.

I'd also say walking alongside a dragon in our settlement is weird but at the end of the day, I'm pretty certain the looks we get is always from awe since people just don't care about dragons around here anymore. Ah, Mute did just get stopped by a kid cuddling her leg so it's not just us getting attention, she does seem to be the favourite attraction to all children around the place.

Anyways, finally arriving at where the gnome is now setting up shop, it's the blacksmith's place we've been to on several occasions where the main focus of the smelting operation is based. The smelting doesn't actually happen here anymore, mainly because it's easier to do it in and outside the mine but this place records and makes sure the right amount of gold gets sent to the docks. Other than the treasury, this place might as well be a storehouse for gold. It's basically filled with boxes and ledgers now anyways.

We walk into the store and see an old but familiar face currently working behind the counter. You remember that grumpy old bastard we spoke to when first setting up the mine? The guy who could be in his nineties and gave us Jaxon way back? Yeah, he's the one currently working the forge, I did hear about him and Garry becoming business partners but by the looks of it, the gnome is fully in charge.

----------

----------

"Garry's in the back, don't bother me kids"

Even now, he's still as charming as ever so we ignore him and find Garry shifting through some of boxes filled with God knows what. Mute has to wait outside for obvious reasons.

"Gnome, have you got the two items I requested?"

"Urg-, Petra! Give me some warning, would you? Just how impatient are you?"

The gnome who was crouched down gets startled from being disturbed and ends up banging his head against a shelf he was under, that looks like it hurt! Doesn't help all the boxes on said shelf end up collapsing all over the floor as well.

"Heh, idiot. Did ask that you make it a priority, assume the items aren't completed then?"

"No no, I've got them done Petra. It's just that I'd rather not have to waste my expertise doing something mundane like this. Give me a second and I'll get them..."

Garry while speaking, grabs several of the boxes that fell to the floor and passes them to Petra. I'm still getting more and more curious on what these gifts could be.