Chapter 174 - The Future

(Zeki) "I swear this whole trip feels fucking pointless after all that. Those Gods were boring as hell and I'm not even allowed to avenge brother for what that demon did, life really stinks"

'At least it's not me stating the obvious for a change, when I'm agreeing with Zeki you know things aren't quite right'

(Ariza) "Uh, it's not that bad Zeki. We're all still alive and well, right?"

(Nathan) "Actually agree with him for a change, this does feel a little off putting"

(Charlotte) "I'm honestly just happy we've rescued my Lord more than anything else"

(Petra) "..."

After meeting with the Underworld leaders and now back in Tartarus in the middle of nowhere, we've rejoined both Asmodeus and Dionysus wherever this place is we've been teleported.

I think both Hades and Persephone realize I can teleport as well? I sure hope it works down here cause we're royally fucked if this doesn't work out. It was always said that getting out is way harder than getting in but how many people have what basically is admin privileges? 

(Ikarus) "At least we completed our task kid, we did come down here to save Dio and have succeeded. I can agree with you being annoyed about us now being stuck with that dickhead though"

I aim my insult towards the demon yet all he does is smile and treats it like it's nothing. I don't care if he knows I'm going to hate him, there's got to be some way I can hurt him a little...

"Heh, you two really don't like me it seems. Is it my scent or something?"

"Can you really blame them Asmodeus? By the sounds of it, you've screwed over more people than you can even remember at this point"

"Maybe young God, but it was always is pursuit of the greater good. Something those angels in particular will never understand"

To be honest, it's obvious me and Zeki hate this guy for someone else's sake especially considering how calm Petra and Ariza are around him now. Can you really blame us though? He is basically responsible for that other demon lord crushing her and Petra's pain, it would be weird if we could adapt to this whole thing as easy as everyone else.

"Oi Asmodeus, there's still a few questions left that remain unanswered. Like what happens next with us and Dio? Oh, and what was that whole demon invasion thing about anyways? You must've known it would've led to the volcano?"

'That gets Zeki grinding his teeth now, guess he's picked up something from Hades since it's normally a scoff'

"Getting the young God out of here is easier than you think orange one, he can just leave with us. The Underworld is technically part of the main world despite it not seeming so..."

'He seriously doesn't help himself with that grin of his, always makes him look like he's about to commit a war crime or something'

"...Heh, the invasion thing, that was a gift to Zeus. Something that incompetent would make even his most trusted followers think twice when they found out he was involved. Of course, I knew he'd probably use that as a last resort, I also knew that there wasn't a future in which Hephaestus-, or Denver would allow it to erupt again"

So, Zeus takes all the blame for this guy's meddling and we're now having to work with him otherwise the God who rules all can't be defeated? It doesn't matter how many times I say it, the bitter taste will just not leave.

"Couldn't you have gone some other way about doing things though? Whether you know the future is set or not, invading a literal world and setting off a world ending volcano only makes me think your intention is for everyone to suffer"