Chapter 48 - Search and Destroy

Me, Petra and Ariza spend the next few days searching through books, papers, documents, basically anything related to running a kingdom. Stuff like finances, taxes, military numbers, all things we might need to get a valid opinion on the situation and how to actually go about things.

Obviously, reading is an impossible task for Petra right now so she's responsible for keeping everything sorted into neat piles and has a similar role of a bookkeeper or clerk in this large study the four of us are currently in. Her memory is really good so she suits that role fine.

I purposely forgot to mention Zeki, he really cannot keep his mind focused enough to read long and boring documents and I agree with his boredom over such a thing, I hate doing this too but even then, sometimes you have to do boring things.

"You lot all done yet?"

He's leaning back on a chair with his legs resting on one of the tables in the library mix study that is in this palace, all the rest of us are scuttered around here also.

"If you want the short answer kid, we're stuck"

The reason being is simple, the elves have a larger fighting force, better equipped soldiers, experienced generals, more motivation, heck, they even use superior tactics. The question is, how has this country managed to survive against such a superior enemy for so long?

We've looked through everything, nothing is missing and everything points to us losing this war. This country would've been screwed if the current route was to continue as it looks.

The country could survive easily enough without the war but the elves will not stop at anything less than complete surrender or destruction on our side, that might get us out since it technically would be ending the war but we don't know if the conditions are ending or winning the war, that's even if we're to assume that's the way out. Surrendering isn't an option, especially when we can use unlimited magicka though.

It sounds like only us four have unlimited magicka in this world so that's good but that still might not be enough to win the war but I'll explain the reason shortly.

"It even says we were the main reason for the war happening. Who starts a war that they know they'll lose?"

Even Ariza understands the situation perfectly, it only seems like Mr obnoxious doesn't seem to understand why this is going to be an issue and is going on about something else now.

"You are kinda the main reason brother, the previous you should've just agreed to the marriage"

Yeah, that seems to be the main reason for us declaring war on the elven country, one of their princes asked for Ariza's hand in marriage and decided they wouldn't take no for an answer so we declared war on them. It's still seems slightly idiotic but none of us four had any choice in the matter since we only just arrived.

"*Sighhh*... this really is troublesome"

"Don't know why you're so stressed orangey, us four can just go full blitzkrieg and blast through their defences"

Blitzkrieg? Does he seriously think something like that will work? Thinking about it... no, absolutely no chance, we don't even know what main location to focus on, the location of the elven capital in unknown to us. We don't even know if they even have a capital.

"That won't work dipshit, we aren't in a World War two simulator. Find the enemy first before you suggest things like that"

"Hey, I'm just trying to help, bird brain"

At least that moves me back onto the issue about us having magicka and how that won't win the war.

It's not like we couldn't win a battle just with our unlimited magicka cheats, the issue is that only two of us can properly fight. Me and Zeki cannot be at every border and every fort at once so some strategy is needed. Ariza is not a fighter and Petra could only fight under really specific circumstances where all the enemy is in one direction and no friendly fire can occur.